Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Custom pistons

<< < (2/2)

Dave M S2:
Thanks for the responses. I will try omega, see if they can do something for me, it would be easier to have them made here if I can. I'm reluctant to get them from the states unless I have to as I've been stung heavily on import charges/shipping in the past. I've seen Wiseco list them on their site though. I happen to be travelling through Italy in May so I could pick them up from CPS myself which would make that a reasonable option at the moment, plus the euro exchange rate helps.

I'd rather have replica's s of the originals & not alter the squish band, I used to work in the dynos at Lotus and can have seen it can make a huge difference to output, as mentioned.

Valerio, could you explain further about the rods having to be replaced. How are the pins secured in the pistons? Would I have to replace the rods whichever piston I used then, or is there something that CPS specifically do that means you must fit different rods?

I think it was one of your posts that put me on to CPS. Thats a very impressive spec. I was hoping to produce a 'fast road' tune engine, so it may be worth me increasing compression ratio as you did if having some custom made. Do you have to run on 98Ron fuel at 11.5:1?

Also, do you have any drawings that you used when you had them made?

Thanks

Dave

Valerio Leone:
Ciao Dave,

The stock rods "hold" the piston wrist pin "bonded" within the rod
That's why you do not need circlip to retain the wrist pins into the pistons.
In my layout I asked CPS to make the wrist pin floats free within the piston and rods.
So that, I change the rods, using the ones from Mecaparts made for Alpine Renault. (saving 100 grams each rod)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version