Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

wedge engine 821/697 the ultimate evolution.

<< < (8/9) > >>

dakazman:
MRN,  thanks for posting that information .
Dakazman

lotusfanatic:
Hello MRN,

I am interested in keeping a wedge head on the 1470 engine in my car and I would like to find the best variant of this head.
Thanks for posting the photographs,

Mark

MRN I J:
Not easy to find 40 year old R Traffic heads though

MRN I J:
wedge heads were still being used on new vehicles until the late 80s, in round port form to R18s, Trafic's & others.
although the round port looks best in reality the late 70s square port, what I call the middle head might be the one to use with the top of the port made into an arch (D laid on its side) as it looks as though it would promote a great deal of swirl, the round port has less but still some port induced swirl, both heads induce swirl into the centre of the cylinder away from the cylinder wall, only flow testing will prove which head to use but I have 2 mid heads & only one late head.
The biggest inlet valve ypu could use with either head is 41mm using a MECA PARTS 82.5mm bore head gaskets and a lot of head mods, this would entail the fitting of new valve seats, an easier & better inlet valve to fit would be 40mm, both 41 or 40mm inlet valves need a 31.5mm exhaust valve, it would need a new seat fitting as the heads are at least 32/33 years old.

MRN I J:
Help Needed:

My S2 was an Else converted car, I have the inlet manifold & Weber carb, if anyone has an Else rocker cover they would be prepared to loan me for a few weeks so I can get a casting pattern made it would be much appreciated, thanks
Chris Adams

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version