Lotus Europa Forums > The Paddock

Toe Alignment

<< < (2/2)

Lotusjps:

--- Quote from: Bainford on Friday,March 27, 2015, 08:46:48 AM ---In addition to the great information already offered, I suggest ensuring your tires are properly inflated. I think the tires on my Twin Cam are 17 psi front, 27 psi rear. Good luck, and please report back on your findings. Cheers.

--- End quote ---

I'm surprised you have that much difference front to rear.  I typically run 22F & 24R (+/- 1 or 2 depending on conditions) for track or autocross.  I've been using a Longacre pyrometer to dial in pressures, and found that the tires started rolling over at lower pressures or started loosing grip at higher ones.

As for alignment, the last time I set it up the car had 1/16 toe in front & 1/8 toe in rear.  Camber is -2.5 front & -2.1 rear (obviously with adjustable arms).  The way it's handling I suspect the front may have toe out now (to change lanes at high speeds you just think about it rather than move the steering wheel).

Think it's time to buy some toe plates or toe bar to be able to check the set up ( use a smartcamber gauge for camber).  Any pros/cons of one over the other (plates vs. bar)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version