Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

It's not easy being green - 1971 TC

<< < (5/17) > >>

BDA:
On the TCs and TCSs there was a stone guard (a piece of screen) bonded under the front fender above the tire. The S1s and S2s didn’t seem to have them. Other than those, I don’t think you need much else. I’ve heard of some using pickup truck bed liner in places like under fenders and it can protect the fiberglass from stones.

Kendo:
As I understand it, that under fender stone guard is a fiberboard like the door sill closing plates. But my TCS didn’t have it, due to incomplete repairs in the past. So I’m open to being convinced. The truck bed liner approach also sounds good.

BDA:
I think you’re right about the fiberboard. That’s more in line with Lotus practice than screen.

Cheguava:

--- Quote from: BDA on Monday,May 06, 2024, 05:50:47 PM ---I’ve heard of some using pickup truck bed liner in places like under fenders and it can protect the fiberglass from stones.
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a plan, should be pretty tough. Been out today but did a bit more this evening - front end cleared so inside now. I'd forgotten what an emotional rollercoaster restoration is. Getting the passenger seat out was the usual mix - sill side nuts just turning underneath, and couldn't see the bolt heads, but then realised the seat runners had disintegrated and not holding it. Front inside came off - nyloc nut!  :trophy: Rear inside just twisted though, and had to grind it off. Seat frame looks of, but now need a set of runners.

More daft questions - whilst lying on the floor to get at the seat fixings, I noticed a hole below the passenger door - no idea what it's doing there or why anyone made it - can't see what it would access. And there was a plaque riveted to the n/s sill at some stage, any ideas what was there?

Kendo:
That hole under the door looks like the access tot he door hinge pin. Looking up it, does it align with the hinge bobbins in the body?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version