Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

1970 s2 0453R Reassembly

<< < (432/440) > >>

jbcollier:
Yeah, I have a set or two and ran them, but I switched to modern replacements because they would auto-unlatch all the time.  Made my wife a bit jumpy finding herself unexpectedly untethered.  YMMV

gideon:
Dave, it looks as though you're trying to put the two parts together the wrong way.  The 'hook' goes around the black plastic piece with the matching radius, not the knurled metal bar.  I believe the magnets should line up with the holes on the 'hook'.  They're supposed to keep the two parts together and in the right position.

dakazman:
  Thanks Gideon, that’s looks and feels better. It also answers what the magnet is for .🥱

Now that my end plates are polished up I can finish putting the shoulder strap section back together and pop rivet the ends on .
 Dakazman

dakazman:
  Finished the seat belt sets today.  So the $20 bucks for the webbing was well worth the time spent in repairing them.  I made some mistakes but they look better than throwing in the old one that wouldn’t adjust .  The sets were done one at a time to check the plaoand routing of the webbing.
  I added a stainless piece of trim to stop the rivets from pulling through the plastic ends. Getting the process correct was now learned to drill faster thru the webbing to prevent pulls.
   Now I can get back inside the car and put everything back together!!!😁  Then to search for correct wiper blades that were posted a few weeks ago.
 Any questions?
Dakazman

dakazman:
  After several leak checks with spraying in water, I’m Happy. So I spent another 8 hours putting things back together and sorting out wire runs.
  Searching for a small L bracket for the dash was found after I pulled the seat out to start putting in the seatbelts. Tomorrow should be clear sailing.😁👍
Dakazman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version