Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

1970 s2 0453R Reassembly

<< < (431/436) > >>

dakazman:
 Continuing my quest for no water leaks I added door seals from an 84 Astro van and a smaller stick on off eBay. Pic 1. Doors shut pretty good but the left  top hinge needs to come in a bit. For that reason I did not water test it.
  The left side door worked pretty good with a small leak on the 1/4 glass front corner. Then a major leak above window…🥱I forgot to put a bolt in the sunvisors  rod holes.
  Then there is an additional seal on the outside lower window that I managed to fit and block out the massive gap there. It’s also a 85 Astro window seal. I took a pic of the P/N also. Had to manipulate it a little but it’s coming along. I may paint the little lip silver sir it blends a bit better.
 Cutting down the inner lip will stop the bowing hopefully in the last pic .
Then I’ll see I I can buy another piece to use on the opposite side that was short by a few inches.
 Dakazman

dakazman:
  Moving along with my seatbelts, I placed an order for 10 yards of webbing 2” wide from Amazon.
I called the Ma site but after a quote of $99 each plus shipping it seemed logical to try to see how hard it would be to see two ends on .
 I passed a sewing needle through by hand easily so now I’ll start cutting and melting the edges of the fabric.  I’ll post a finished piece asap.
  Dakazman

gideon:
D'man, it sounds like you could do with some good information on how to sew webbing for load bearing applications.  This is a good place to start

https://www.sailrite.com/How-to-Sew-Webbing-Loops

dakazman:
  Good read Gideon.
  I do have the fire retardant thread from when my BA sewed up the seats.
 Funny thing, on the shoulder strap showed up when I was looking for the ends . Thinking it should have some kind of strength, nope, two pop rivets into a piece of plastic. I will be fabricating an aluminum plate here instead. See pic .
  I’m just going to have the seamstress copy the pattern from the old webbing.  Cut 4 short belts and pinned up , ready to go tomorrow.
  Dakazman

dakazman:
  I’m puzzled.
  I learned a bit today about these kangol belts but now have more questions.
 1. Why is there a magnet in the lift side of the belts?
 2. I guess I’m old fashioned but I thought all belts were male / female ( working in the airline industry was pretty simple)  How do these connect and stay together.
  All most put a set together but I don’t see how it works.
  The plastic shoulder strap was replaced with an aluminum piece but I’m still working to polish them up.
Dakazman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version