Author Topic: Twin Cam Special radio  (Read 995 times)

Offline rjbaren

Re: Twin Cam Special radio
« Reply #15 on: Monday,August 24, 2020, 12:39:38 PM »
I ordered the wires today from Ray at R.D. Enterprises.  I am going to give them a whirl and see what I get.  If that doesn't work I will try the solution offered in the manual. 

Offline rjbaren

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday,August 26, 2020, 06:06:58 PM »
I installed the suppression wires from R.D. Enterprises today.  It made a difference for my FM, CD, phone, and playing music through my phone.  AM radio was not good but I rarely listen to AM radio.  For now I am pretty pleased with the outcome.

Online BDA

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday,August 26, 2020, 06:27:24 PM »
Glad you got it sorted!  :beerchug:

Offline rjbaren

« Reply #18 on: Thursday,August 27, 2020, 05:48:40 AM »
I installed the suppression wires from R.D. Enterprises yesterday.  The CD and music through the Bluetooth is pretty good.  The FM doesn't seem to have static but the AM is completely static that changes with the rpm.  I can live without the AM radio.  I didn't take the car for a drive, I just let backed it out of the garage with the engine running for my test.

The car has no antenna, so I bought a wire type antenna that plugs into the back of the radio and you string it up somewhere in the car.  I may try and put it through where the door light switch is and run it up the outside of the door jamb with clear tape.  It is a pretty thin wire.

I am open to suggestions.

Offline E Paul

« Reply #19 on: Thursday,August 27, 2020, 06:32:22 AM »
I PM'ed you on the blanking plate.
Paul

Offline Jim Hansen

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday,May 08, 2024, 07:36:48 PM »
Question: I noticed in the Maintenance Workbook that there is a 054M0110 and 054M0111.  Does anyone have these devices?  Are they attached to the deck lid and how.  When I purchased my car the dealer hot glued a piece of Copper screen wire to the deck lid which lasted about 2 years, but by that time I had moved about one-thousand miles.  When I look at photos and Vids I don't see this part number item.  How is everybody else handling radio interference?

Jim Hansen 74TCS

Online BDA

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday,May 08, 2024, 07:49:55 PM »
 :Welcome: Jim!!

The distributor that sold me my car glued some heavy aluminum foil on the underside of the engine cover, but as I remember, that was more for the CB radio I had then.

I took all that off when I rebuilt my car. I rarely listen to the radio (I more often play music from my phone or a USB stick) but I don't remember having any problems with reception or interference. I use resistance plugs but that's all. I don't have the capacitors on any of the wiper motor or any of that stuff. I don't know if my more modern radio helps with that or what or if I just don't notice it or don't listen to the radio enough to hear it.

Post some pictures of your baby when you get a chance!

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday,May 08, 2024, 09:34:10 PM »
Like BDA I don't have anything special in terms of radio suppression. Petronix ignition, 5k resistance NGK plug caps with copper wires and that's about it.

These days I usually have an SD card with tracks played at random from a relatively cheap media player. The radio is hooked up with a small amplified aerial hidden at the front of the car and does work reasonably well with mainstream and local stations on FM.   

It might be down to modern electronics but I don't recall any problems with reception even back in the 80s/90s with FM, conventional aerials coming up from the front wing and decent radios like Radiomobile, etc.

Brian