Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

S2 Race Car (FIA Appendix K)

(1/2) > >>

Mecky:
Hi there,

I found this Forum yesterday  :newhere: and want to show other Europa-enthusiasts our little race car. It is an 1969 S2 Type 54 built after the FIA historic reglement (Appendix K) and raced on a historic endurance racing series in Germany, which is called "FHR Langstreckencup". It is the world's biggest historic endurance competition. Everything on this car was made by ourselves, besides the paint. My father, my two brothers and me are the drivers and the mechanics of our Europa.

If you want to know something more about our S2 and the cup, you can have a look at our website http://www.bauhaus-kremer-racing.de.to . Of course you can also ask me in the Forum.

I would be glad to read what you think about it.

Best regards
Stefan

LotusJoe:
 :trophy: Nice car!

EuropaTC:
Hi Stefan,

I've just had a scan through your website and it's very impressive.  Although I shall never race or build something like that I still like to see the engineering and imagination you guys show when you're building race cars.

One question though - why no front spoiler ?  Is it because the rules don't allow it and force you to stick with the original profile or just that your revised suspension, etc, make it irrelevant ?  I ask because back in the day all the contemporary road tests made a big thing about how it improved stability by reducing front end lift at speed.

The drivetrain looks very different from stock though, presumably the regulations you race under allow you a free rein there ?

Brian

Mecky:
Hi Brian,

we would love to use a front spoiler or the flaps, which some Type 47 had, but if you want to use aerodynamic devices in historic racing, you have to proof that a car, which was the same like yours (Europa S2, not even TC or 47 is possible) used exactly this aerodynamic device on an international racing event in the years of your period (1966-1971). We were not able to proof it...

We are allowed to use other drive shafts and so on. Everything is on photos in our FIA Historic Technical Passport, too.

cal44:
Stefan,

I went to the your website.  Very enjoyable.  Love the Lotus and am found of Porsche as well.
I had to laugh when I saw the frame on stands....over what appears to be "hand knotted" rugs......I usually use cardboard.

Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut............so I will stick with English

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version