Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

Type 54 from Japan.

(1/3) > >>

dakazman:
 Some nice pictures found on Instagram. Very nice !
Dakazman

1970EuropaGuy:
Very nice. They love their Europa's in Japan. Fortunately we have a few left.

BDA:
It's curious to me that Europas seem to be so much more popular in Japan than than seemingly anywhere else. Maybe because they are generally shorter there?

1970EuropaGuy:
I think many younger people in Japan figure they will never own a house. As an alternative they spend money on cars, many of them very tacky. Body Shop Happy does very nicely executed Type 47 clones.

Bodzer:
Good morning all,

They have always liked Elans and especially Europas in Japan. Large numbers of them have made their way there over the past few decades. This is partly due to the cutesy smile on the face of all lotus cars. I can’t quite remember the correct term but it is a known phenomenon. Look at the face of all Mazda Mx-5s/Miatas. I suppose the compact size also must have something to do with it too. However, the Europa seemingly holds a special place in the hearts of Japanese of a certain age. There was a Manga character called the Circuit Wolf who drove a Europa. Here it is: https://liveandletdiecast.kinja.com/thursday-by-the-thames-lotus-europa-circuit-wolf-1820285073

Regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version