Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

Banks S2 Race Car

<< < (2/9) > >>

lotusfanatic:
 :FUNNY:

JR73:
Found a few more pics.
First one is from Anglesey (my first race meeting as a competitor - end of 2000), going into the second lap - how many Europas can you spot?!! (It was a full grid and every Europa competing has somehow been just about captured in this pic - even massively out of focus in the background!!).
Ian Wilson (also worked at Banks at that time) can be seen adjusting the length of the grass on the infield! - he won the championship outright that year in a similar Class E car.

Second pic is again Anglesey, same weekend. White Banks 47 had a 2.0 Vauxhall XE fitted with some fairly serious horsepower.

Third pic was taken on the first lap at Oulton Park (again, end of 2000) - desperately trying to make up as many places as possible whilst staying clear of everyone as is usual after the start!

Fourth and Fifth pics are from a track day at the new Anglesey circuit years later (2008) - Caterham was being both run in (it was new) and introduced to proper tarmac! My Mrs is looking at the 7’s engine trying to think of a reason why she doesn’t have to go back out as a passenger with me!!!

Sixth pic is a group shot of my favorites! 7 was freshly built and awaiting its Reg plates and finishing touches (correct wheels/tyres along with a geo), Europa is on its storage wheels (slicks need to be looked after!) and the Esprit was nearing completion (7 took less than a week to assemble vs 3 years on and off to build the Esprit! - I couldn’t wait!!)

lotusfanatic:
Jon,

some great photos and the Europa survived intact... it’s not often that cars survive unscathed.
that last photo shows a very good selection of cars!

Mark

Certified Lotus:
Hi John,  :Welcome:  your opening story is the best I have read for a new member! Gotta love the Lotus from birth connection. More importantly you were able to keep the original Europa “in the family”. Looking forward to hearing more about your development of the car.

PS, both my sons have been exposed to many Lotus cars since birth. I can’t admit they were ever in a car seat in a Lotus (against the law here in the States) but they both have a huge amount of seat time and eventually driving time in Lotus cars.

surfguitar58:
Wow! Great story and  :Welcome:

This forum hosts a range of expertise (with mine squarely in the neophyte end, but learning). Hoping you'll share your experience as a regular contributor, and as always, POST LOTS OF PICS!

On the subject of kids in cars, I put my sports car obsession on hold when my son was born and I had to drive him (in a rearward facing baby car seat in the passenger side) and my precious daughter (sitting on a boat cushion on the back shelf of my Alfa Spyder with a rope for a seatbelt) to daycare/school every morning. Thus began the dreaded Volvo years.

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version