Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

What does your Europa look like *today* ?

<< < (2/87) > >>

benbeames:

--- Quote from: EuropaTC on Tuesday,September 18, 2012, 09:27:33 AM ---
 :)  Now I leave the socket against the wheel so I don't forget......

--- End quote ---

That's a much better method than mine.  I tend to do about 15 miles on the freeway and then suddenly remember and pull off onto the shoulder to tighten them.

3929R:
Mine is stuck in the garage at the moment.  The starter died a slow and intermittent death, so I replaced it with a new gear-reduction starter.  Wow that thing really spins the engine.  But go figure, it won't start the engine and so I can't spin my wheels.  You can't start a fire without a spark and I don't think I have any.  Where there's smoke, there's fire or maybe a dead ignition coil.  My ignition coil emitted a small plume of smoke.  I say "maybe dead" because I just haven't found the time to figure things out.  Oh well all in good time, which might be Friday.

3929R:
I think I killed this thread, so I'll try again.
From my front door today-

EuropaTC:

--- Quote from: 3929R on Monday,October 08, 2012, 02:39:35 PM ---I think I killed this thread, so I'll try again.

--- End quote ---

No, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight I think I should have waited until Spring when everyone was wheeling their cars out for the summer and bouncing with enthusiasm rather than heading into winter.

But here's us today, a lovely sunny Lincolnshire morning and parked in our village next to the church. As I explained to Helen, I had to take the Europa because I'd filled the windscreen washers and it's important to road test everything you do on these old cars...... ;)

Brian

Matt:
Just joined the forum and seen this post so thought I would pop outside in the rain and take a picture of my Europa
I brought my car a few years ago with a rottern chassis and engine in bits and did all the work myself.
I drive my Europa most days, the picture is taken in the car park at my work in Northamptionshire England

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version