Lotus Europa Forums > Off Topic Subjects

Detailing marathon

(1/2) > >>

MAK:
My best friend and I just spend a couple of days detailing the exterior of 4 of his cars, didn't do the 70's Porsche 930 turbo.
Used Porter Cable dual action buffers, 3m's perfect 3 step, Liquid Glass car polish. Yes, it's back! and is just as good as original. Have used Liquid Glass for 40+ years, used Finish First while LG wasn't available. Not a fan of any Meguiar's products.  The Jag only needed the last 3m polishing compound, Triumph only 2nd & 3rd. Mercedes and Alpina needed all 3.
Some say you can't get a silver car to shine - I think the Jag is shinny. I find detailing cars to be therapeutic.
Garage is awesome, heated, lift tons of outlets and great tunes.  Was fun. can't wait to get a Europa in there. 

BDA:
You're welcome to detail my Europa any time!!!

I think they're all shiny but I will say the shiniest silver car I ever saw was an aluminum E-type! You had to be careful looking at it in the sun!

dakazman:
 Mac, excellent taste in cars BTW, I miss my 67 XKE 4.2 convertible in Maroon.  I like silver cars as they hide alot, meaning they hardly ever look dirty.
  The 3M buffer is an excellent tool, however out of my price range. I use the paint shops. LOL
 The 3m 3 step process is a very good choice and I highly recommend it in my posts. Don't get me started on shinny things, and YES, it is
  therapeutic.
  BTW Nice lift and garage.
Dakazman

MAK:
Thanks
the Triumph already looked great, but the 3m #2 & #1 really made a difference, it was truly remarkable.

The only car that's mine is the wagon behind the Jag. Couple of years ago went to a car show, friend bought his Jag, and I brought my 85 Colony Park wagon, and they were next to each other. after the show he was pissed because my wagon got more attention than his Jag - told him everyone our age rode in wagons like mine but few families had Jags.
Regret selling the wagon, but its ok because now I'm after a Europa and that will fill the void.

dakazman:
  You will definitely be downsizing…😂.
Love the wagon, same grill and headlights as my elky. The wife saw you wagon and ask , “ What are you buying now?
  I have to many now and just trying to finish all of them.

Getting back to polishing, what pads do you use?
Dakazman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version