Lotus Europa Forums > Off Topic Subjects

Soccer Match !

(1/2) > >>

dakazman:
  I may have to watch this USA vs England soccer game. I haven’t seen a game since my oldest daughter played in high school maybe 20 years ago. Professional players , she dragged me to NJ to watch team USA . I don’t understand the rules at all but know when they score.
   Best wishes to both teams.
Dakazman

Richard48Y:
Last time I saw a Soccer match a few years ago it was women's teams.
Not sure who or where they were playing but I was impressed with their stamina.
Unlike US Football they just keep going, no "Huddles" or breaks, constant running!

TheKid#9:
I’ll be watching!! Love the World Cup

4129R:
Can someone in the USA explain why American Football is called football?

The players very rarely kick the ball, and it seems only for the point after a touchdown.

Soccer, or football as people outside the USA call it, requires mostly kicking the ball. Similarly Australian Rules football, or "Footie" as it is known, also requires mostly kicking the ball, although hand passes are used.

To me, American Football most resembles Rugby League, which is a completely different game from Rugby Union.

Meanwhile in the "Soccer" World Cup, 4 times winners Germany were beaten by the mighty Japan, and 2 times winners Argentina were beaten by the mighty Saudi Arabia, and 4 times winners Italy did not even make it to the last 32 countries in the finals.

BDA:
I’m not a huge fan of football but even growing up with it, I have no idea why it’s called “football.” It makes no sense to me either.

There are a lot of similarities between rugby and American football, along with one or two with basketball. I prefer rugby to football and when I used to play, I made fun of all the times during a game that football players had a chance to rest. The truth is that football players are very fit but just in a different way to rugby or soccer players.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version