Lotus Europa Forums > Off Topic Subjects

1986 Turbo Esprit

<< < (2/8) > >>

Blitzen:
Congratulations !!   Love that style.   Had an 87, it was a great highway cruiser but I hated driving it in the city.  One of the ones I regret selling.

Chuck Nukem:

--- Quote from: BDA on Wednesday,November 23, 2022, 09:04:15 AM ---Congratulations on your successful completion of a harrowing trip home and your new project! I might warn you that if you don’t start completing Lotus projects, your nephew will never know what it’s like to ride in a Lotus let alone drive one!  ;)

I’m really anxious to see how (one of) your Europa projects come out and interested as well in what you do with your Esprit!

--- End quote ---

It is getting very close now. I am waiting on a shipment of 9 windshields from England to finish of the blue S2 I picked up in May (and the rest of them). The last little hiccup on the blue S2 was that the differential seal had been whacked and was leaking. This led to me pulling the axles and realizing that they were in need of complete refurbishment....so  I am taking the moment to convert this S2 to disc brakes. I had wanted to wait to drive the car as it was for a while, but the bearings are toast on the rear and I just cant help myself...I did drive it around the block about half a dozen times and my god it was magical. It is the most communicative car I have ever been in. If I had to wait another 10 years to do that it would still be worth it.

On the plus side, I will have a rear disc conversion for every Europa after this :) I am also doing a dual master that uses a similar angled bracket like the S2 used for its master on a pivot.

The Eclat was working, but mom and I did an interior overhaul on the dash. I'll have to post some pics it came out quite nice. I did an electric pop up conversion to the headlights. Now it is beset by a badly leaking cam cover and a bad voltage regulator. It was driving though! I also found a 5 speed box for it to help on the highway.

Chuck Nukem:

--- Quote from: Blitzen on Wednesday,November 23, 2022, 03:19:38 PM ---Congratulations !!   Love that style.   Had an 87, it was a great highway cruiser but I hated driving it in the city.  One of the ones I regret selling.

--- End quote ---

That is great to hear. It is such a special little car. Very different from our Europas, but no less interesting. I am really looking forward to having the contextual reference of driving both back to back.

Chuck Nukem:

--- Quote from: dakazman on Wednesday,November 23, 2022, 06:21:26 AM ---   Congratulations on your quest , Chuck.

It’s nice to hear there are still some true finds out there . Loved the story you’ll tell your nephew in the future.  Hopefully you will have it running without much trouble.

Dakazman

--- End quote ---

Thanks Dman. I hope so too! I am going to start cranking away as soon as the blue S2 and eclat are done. It is going to be a "parallel project" to the black car....because that strategy hasn't let me down at all.

Bainford:
Congrats, Chuck. Another cool project.

I'm envious of the little fellow. I imagine as a young man he'll be picking up chicks in a vintage Lotus.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version