Lotus Europa Forums > Off Topic Subjects

RIP Roberta Bean

(1/3) > >>

BDA:
I just heard over at the lotuseuropa group that Roberta Bean, Dave Bean's wife, had passed away Sunday morning. Here is a snippet from that thread:

From: 'Kiyoshi H' via Evergreen Lotus Car Club (ELCC) <elcc_org@googlegroups.com>
To: Evergreen Lotus Car Club (ELCC) <elcc_org@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 01:53:48 PM PST

Subject: Re: [ELCC] Roberta Bean

To share a bit more news... Roberta passed peacefully this past Sunday morning. Friends and family were near and had been visiting her the past week.

It's still too early to know what's planned to celebrate Roberta. The family will share those plans in the coming days.

Dave Bean Engineering will operate as usual led by Ken. It will likely be a few months before any longer term plans are made for the business. It's a great time to support DBE!

Kiyoshi

On Monday, November 7, 2022 at 11:08:35 AM UTC-8 Doug Jackson wrote:

Hello Don:

Thank you for forwarding this message that was sent out by the San Francisco Bay Area, Golden Gate Lotus Club (GGLC).

It definitely is sad news. After the devastating wildfire loss of their home not too long ago, Dave Bean's death not long after that and now with Roberta dying, it's pretty obvious that family has suffered more than their share of bad news.

As was mentioned in the e-mail from the GGLC, Dave Bean Engineering (DBE) was their "go to" source for Lotus parts and knowledge of classic Lotus cars, and I'm hoping the Ken and the other people who work there will continue the business. I've purchased quite a few things from DBE and I know that many other members of our club have too.

Doug Jackson

From: elcc...@googlegroups.com <elcc...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Don Christopher <don.chr...@comcast.net>
    Sent: Monday, November 7, 2022 5:50 AM
    To: elcc...@googlegroups.com <elcc...@googlegroups.com>
    Subject: [ELCC] Roberta Bean

From the Golden Gate Lotus Club:

“ We have sad news to report. Roberta Bean has passed. She and Dave were our go to source for parts and knowledge of classic Lotus cars.

Our hearts and prayers go out to her friends, family and the loyal steadfast folks that make up Dave Bean Engineering.

RIP Roberta. We loved you and we'll miss you dearly...”

lotusfanatic:
Sad news,

my condolences to all her friends and family

Mark

Bainford:
R.I.P. Roberta. My condolences to her friends and family.

Mid-EngineEnthusiast:
I was saddened to read (two years after the fact), that the Beans have both passed.  Back in the 1980s and 1990s, I remember hearing from friends who owned Elans that the company was the go-to source for vintage Lotus parts in the US. 

Is the company still in business?  The website seems not to work.

If the company is gone, then where might one find parts for Europa S2s (other than ordering from Banks in the UK) and service (street and race prep) on the West Coast?

It's obvious that I came late to the Lotus party, having deferred buying one for over 50 years.

Condolences (belated) to the Bean family and their Lotus family and friends.

TurboFource:
 :Welcome:
RD Enterprises on the East coast. rdent.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version