Lotus Europa Forums > Off Topic Subjects

Building a 1:24 model of a black Europa TC

(1/4) > >>

BDA:
I saw this linked in the groups.io list. I watched the whole thing! You might enjoy it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o134IbCtzos

Notice it is not a JPS because he didn’t give it a number badge!  :)

Bainford:
Cool, thanks for posting that. Coincidentally I have the same kit on my model bench right now.

BDA:
Are you going to go to similar lengths?

As he was doing the steering wheel when he painted it silver, I thought, “wait a minute, the center is black!” then he painted it black! Then I thought, “wait, what about the Lotus rounded in the center?”  Then he put one on! His gearshift was even more impressive! Later on, I just came to expect.

Bainford:
He did a nice job.
Yes, I’m building to a similar standard, though I’m not doing opening doors on this build. He had some interesting techniques. I liked his methods using epoxy putty when building the doors, and the UV adhesive to make gauge lenses is genius. I’ll be experimenting with that one. On my build I scratch built all the dash furniture such as all gauges, radio, dash vents, rocker switches, ashtray, etc. I tend to get carried away with scratch building details, so I try to limit how much I tackle on each build or else they take forever to complete. As it is, this build will take the better part of a year. I have a nice Esprit S1 build about 95% done. I’ll post photos when they’re done.

Here’s a couple pics of some bits in progress.

EuropaTC:
That really is amazing, and so far beyond my abilities to make something so small & delicate.

I hope you're going to keep this thread alive with updates, I'd love to see it come together.

Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version