Author Topic: Bomber Seats  (Read 1826 times)

Offline cal44

Bomber Seats
« on: Tuesday,September 03, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »
Anyone using  aluminum bomber seats in their Europa for extra space? These are out of the U.K and look real nice, of course a little upholstery might help.  These are just to nice to cover.  Example below.

http://www.bigwigracecars.com/bomberseats.htm
Or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Bomber-Seats-Hot-Rod-Rat-Street-Aluminum-Vintage-Pair-WWII-type-racing-/190882027438

"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Bomber Seats
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,September 03, 2013, 01:36:54 PM »
Gee Mike, I think I'd need a lot more "personal padding" on my backside before I'd have one of those in any car  ;)

( It's all right for an airplane, they don't have to contend with our (UK) lousy roads ! )

Offline cal44

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,September 03, 2013, 02:26:13 PM »
I bout' fell over at the beautiful workmanship on the U.K seats.  Could have a one piece removable leather seat and back pad upholstered like a vintage speedster leaving the sides bare metal.  Who knows if it would be comfortable................

mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,September 04, 2013, 01:21:21 PM »
Wow, those are beautiful. I would think that to use them in a Europa, they would have to be designed to fit the unique Europa interior geography. Additionally, I would have to consider very carefully before I replaced seats as comfortable as the Europa seats. For all their simplicity (compared to modern seats) I have yet to sit in any car seat, at any cost, that comes close to matching the comfort of the Europa units.

I would like to see a hybrid combining the Europa seat with the bomber seat. Retain the geometry, padding, and seat bottom suspension of the Europa seat with the beautiful, exposed aluminum structure of the bomber seat. Looking cool and comfy, too.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline LeftAngle

• I don't say much, but when I do, I don't say much.
    • 0659R Photos
« Reply #4 on: Friday,September 06, 2013, 04:14:31 AM »
I agree... Mmmm, tasty
Yes, it's work...   No, I don't mind it.