Author Topic: 74 TCS FS no affiliation  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Grumblebuns

74 TCS FS no affiliation
« on: Tuesday,May 27, 2014, 05:41:16 PM »
Following recent trends, another beautiful TCS for sale on Lotus Talk. This one is priced pretty reasonable compared to the eye popping prices asked by past sellers.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f94/74-europa-special-sale-231137/

Offline 4380r

Re: 74 TCS FS no affiliation
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,May 27, 2014, 06:00:19 PM »
 Oh. Maybe I should ask for more...

I do have one guy who has said when he looks at it this weekend if it is as advertised he will give me my full asking price.

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,May 27, 2014, 07:36:21 PM »
Your price seems pretty reasonable. There seems to be a recent surge in the Europa prices starting about five or six years ago so it's hard to tell what price to put on it. You might be able to ask more. I just check Lotus Europa Central's Sold section but it doesn't appear to have recent sales. I guess you just have to watch places like Ebay and forums like this one and Lotus Talk to see what comparable prices are.

Good luck on the sale! Let us know how it goes. Of course, I hope your health issues straighten themselves out quickly and fully!

Offline 4380r

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,May 28, 2014, 06:07:01 AM »
Your price seems pretty reasonable. There seems to be a recent surge in the Europa prices starting about five or six years ago so it's hard to tell what price to put on it. You might be able to ask more. I just check Lotus Europa Central's Sold section but it doesn't appear to have recent sales. I guess you just have to watch places like Ebay and forums like this one and Lotus Talk to see what comparable prices are.

Good luck on the sale! Let us know how it goes. Of course, I hope your health issues straighten themselves out quickly and fully!

Thanks for your thoughts. Unfortunately what I'm dealing with is irreversible. Life will still be good, just won't include driving cars much anymore.

Was really conflicted about asking price. I think $20K has been a barrier for these cars. Until recently, it seemed the really nice ones hovered around $19K more or less. A few really nice ones have been advertised for $30K and over, but went for considerably less. The nice JPS that sold recently is an example. Started out advertised for $32K, eventually dropped to $27K, then sold...presumably for a bit less than that.

I do think this one is nice enough to warrant something north of $20K. The question is will a buyer see it that way? I could probably get through the rest of the driving season before things go too far south, but I owe it to my family to get as much for it as I can, and this is the time of year to sell.

The gentleman that is interested seems very interested. Interested enough to drove down from PA to MD for The Original British Car Day just to see the car. But he has no Lotus experience, has just been enamoured of them for awhile. So you know how it often goes...enthusiastic buyer shows up with cash in hand, only to find he doesn't fit or the pedals are too close together...or is alarmed with how low the car is relative to other vehicles on the highway, OR finds out the car actually requires a deft hand to maintain it.

Offline BDA

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,May 28, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »
I'm sorry to hear your condition is not reversible, but thankful that it is not something that you will not let ruin your life.

I think your value analysis is probably good and hopefully you'll get in a bidding war and get even more for it!  :trophy:

Good luck and the best to you and your family.

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday,May 28, 2014, 12:05:28 PM »
I too am sorry to hear about your medical condition. The thought of seeing your beautiful TCS potentially going to a non Lotus owner is frightening. This is how Lotus cars become barn finds is the far future. I do hope you get a decent price for your Europa.

Joji Tokumoto
Fallbrook, Ca

Offline cal44

« Reply #6 on: Saturday,May 31, 2014, 03:42:45 PM »
My that is a nice looking car.   Keep us in the loop if you would. 

best,
mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline 4380r

« Reply #7 on: Friday,June 06, 2014, 04:40:59 PM »
Sold to a good home. Buyer will likely find his way here, I will respect his privacy relative to price. Let's just say price reflects increasing value of nice examples.