Author Topic: 74 TCS on Craigslist Orange County So Cal  (Read 635 times)

Offline Grumblebuns

74 TCS on Craigslist Orange County So Cal
« on: Sunday,July 07, 2019, 07:05:44 AM »
Seen on Orange County (Mission Viejo) So Cal Craigslist this morning.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special. - $18500 (Mission Viejo)

1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special. Original 5 speed transaxle. This Europa has a recently had a comprehensive mechanical restoration including a complete balanced and blueprinted engine rebuild with new forged pistons,valves, springs, timing chain, oil pump, water pump, rings and bearings, new clutch, rebuilt carbs, new air filter assembly, new exhaust, belts, hoses, battery and tires. After the rebuild the engine was run in, and the cylinder head was re-torqued and the timing chain was adjusted. The suspension and steering have been rebuilt and the brakes are rebuilt and new. New muffler and tail pipe. Transmission was cleaned. All fluids flushed and replaced. The car has been driven about 150 miles since the restoration. The body and chassis show no signs of accident damage. The paint is in OK condition, as there is some fading and chipping on the top portion of the body where it was exposed to the sun. The factory color is the same Regency Red, and it looks to have been re-painted at least once, but overall it presents acceptably for a driver. Interior and dash are in good condition overall. Everything works including electrical auxiliaries. Parts and labor for the restoration total over $15,000 with receipts for everything, and documentation going back to the original purchase in 1974. This is the tightest handling and fastest, stock specification Europa I have ever driven. Turn key, beautifully tuned, ready to be enjoyed, and reliable enough to be daily driven.
« Last Edit: Sunday,July 07, 2019, 11:58:18 AM by Grumblebuns »

Offline literarymadness

Re: 74 TCS on Craigslist Orange County So Cal
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,July 07, 2019, 08:36:18 AM »
What are they asking for it?

Offline jlmullen2

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,July 07, 2019, 10:31:16 AM »
$18,500.

I've seen the car up close, very nice condition and actually shows better than the posted photos.

Larry
Larry Mullen
73 Europa TC Special
97 Saleen 281
04 Subaru WRX

Offline deltaauto11

« Reply #3 on: Monday,July 08, 2019, 02:07:37 PM »
They are asking $18.5K

Offline jlmullen2

« Reply #4 on: Monday,July 08, 2019, 08:23:30 PM »
I was in error, this is not the car I saw. I spoke to the owner today and will be looking at the car later this week.

It's kind of hard to believe there are two nice looking (and running) Regency Red TC's in my neighborhood.

Larry
Larry Mullen
73 Europa TC Special
97 Saleen 281
04 Subaru WRX

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Monday,July 08, 2019, 08:46:21 PM »
You must live in a pretty nice neighborhood, jlmullen2!