Author Topic: the first of the few...  (Read 626 times)

Offline lotusfanatic

the first of the few...
« on: Monday,March 30, 2020, 08:54:54 AM »
as a way to put a smile on my face and lift the gloom, I thought I'd post a photograph...

(I can only imagine the impact this car must have had on car enthusiasts of the day!)

:huh:

Offline BDA

Re: the first of the few...
« Reply #1 on: Monday,March 30, 2020, 09:16:36 AM »
It must have turned a lot of heads! It still does today!

:lotus:

Offline Footer

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,March 31, 2020, 07:15:42 AM »
I really like the look of the single windshield wiper.  Not sure why.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,April 01, 2020, 09:28:26 AM »
as a way to put a smile on my face and lift the gloom, I thought I'd post a photograph...

(I can only imagine the impact this car must have had on car enthusiasts of the day!)

:huh:
Great photo of a classic Europa.

I’m sure a Europa would have literally stunned, back in the day. How cool to see one in the mid-late 60s.

I’ve often thought the same about Black Sabbath’s Paranoid album when released in 1969. It must have blown the minds of some, been the consternation of others.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,April 01, 2020, 10:48:49 AM »
Great photo of a classic Europa.

I’m sure a Europa would have literally stunned, back in the day. How cool to see one in the mid-late 60s.

I’ve often thought the same about Black Sabbath’s Paranoid album when released in 1969. It must have blown the minds of some, been the consternation of others.

About 1970 I used to watch a red Europa drive past my house regularly. I went walking to find where it lived and regularly just went to look at it.

About 1970, Black Sabbath were playing in a local pub about 3 miles away from where I lived. The Wake Arms near Epping Essex, not far from where Rod Stewart lived later about 1987 with Rachel Hunter. My scooter broke down, so I had to ask my dad for a lift. He said he would only take me if I wore a sports jacket and tie. I cannot remember how I got there, but I was wearing a T shirt and jeans.

Happy memories.