Author Topic: eBay lately...  (Read 729 times)

Offline katanaman

eBay lately...
« on: Saturday,March 23, 2013, 11:38:02 PM »
  Hi, guys!  I have been busy with the volunteer work I do.  Coming home from the museum last week, I saw a fresh new dusting of snow on the coastal range of hills on the east side of the bay.  Still winter.  Has to let go soon, and then I will begin work on the Lotus.  I think that I just may hire a neighbor to get a second opinion, and get the car going sooner.  This is the LBC guy who lent his truck, trailer and companionship so we could go fetch the Europa last year.  Unfortunately, he took me along when he attended an autocross last weekend.  We prepared his MG Midget, which is without windshield or roof, and has much modification to its rear suspension.  I think that I will be quite interested in "running" the Europa once we get it sorted out.  Might not be that good for it...
  I remember those of you who commented on how much the person in Portland might have made "parting out" his Twin Cam Europa.  I have noticed several re-listings of those parts he had sold.  Have you?
  Mostly, I do notice that with my MGB, I miss some of the modern conveniences my Kia Forte has.  Especially the key fob and alarm thing, with the power locks.  Now I see listings on eBay, as I am sure all of you do, of a universal style kit that encludes power locks and windows.  I have gotten both motors working now, but wonder if that whole kit might make it so I wouldn't need to replace the $140 or so worth of lock cylinders in the two doors, by making them powered.  And the stock window motors / riser mechanisms sure do seem heavy.  Does anyone here have any experience with them?  I am tempted...                                                                                         Dan

Offline cal44

Re: eBay lately...
« Reply #1 on: Monday,March 25, 2013, 07:28:58 AM »
Dan,

No comment on power locks?...... As for the electric windows, you can always go to the leather strap method (race car) and the heck with those electric motors.

I noticed the guy in Portland selling the items as well.  I can't believe someone hasn't purchase the body.

Mike
"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines