Author Topic: TC engine rebuild, and air con questions.  (Read 1824 times)

Offline andy harwood

TC engine rebuild, and air con questions.
« on: Saturday,February 23, 2013, 04:16:34 PM »
Finally got the *rebuilt* and weathered engine to the shop for rebuild. Hopefully the time exposed to the weather won't require reboring and new pistions.
Cams - would like to go with a hotter cam, something like D. Bean offers, using stock valve train. I missed the sprint cams for sale here. Looked at catalog prices - ouch. Now wondering about having the stock cams reground - who does this, US located maybe?
(did a short list of parts I'm gonna need for the rebuild, ouch! I know I missed a lot, and didn't include any labor either, double ouch! Well, I should have known)
Also, anyone added air conditioning to their Europa? I saw a short thread and some pics of a vintage air unit installed on the yahoo group, looked good. There's gotta be a lot of cons - what are the pros?
gotta love these Europa's!
andyh

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: TC engine rebuild, and air con questions.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,February 23, 2013, 11:02:38 PM »
Here in the UK we don't get too many problems with lack of cooling, in fact the heater circuit is open by default on my car. But I can see that having an air conditioned Europa would be a very good idea over your side of the pond and I would be prepared to sacrifice some luggage space for it I think.

Brian

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #2 on: Sunday,February 24, 2013, 01:39:38 PM »
I have a complete air conditioning system from a Twin Cam. I was going to put it in my car at one time, but opted for other modifications instead. If your interested in the factory air, there is a link on the LotusEuropa.org site.

Here is the Link: http://www.lotuseuropa.org/aiconditioning.htm
« Last Edit: Tuesday,February 26, 2013, 09:29:10 AM by LotusJoe »
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline LeftAngle

• I don't say much, but when I do, I don't say much.
    • 0659R Photos
« Reply #3 on: Monday,February 25, 2013, 11:39:56 PM »
This is an idea I've been toying with down here in the southeast, but don't know if the negatives are worth it.  How much power does AC rob?
Yes, it's work...   No, I don't mind it.

Offline andy harwood

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,February 26, 2013, 01:43:27 PM »
I spotted a thread on the YH group about using a Vintage Air system.  There are some pics in folder 3120R. I like the looks, and it appears you could (possibly) keep the eyeball vents for fresh air.
andyh