Author Topic: Jenvey Dynamics' new Heritage Throttle Bodies  (Read 1703 times)

Offline StephenH

Jenvey Dynamics' new Heritage Throttle Bodies
« on: Thursday,October 06, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
Something for some christmas/birthday/why not day lists I think.

Sighted these on a FB post for older vehicles.
'Weber/period correct look' throttle bodies from a UK company.
If you don't mind your Europa straying a little from period correct technical spec these could be a good thing combined with a decent ECU.
I will be one looking more closely at the costs and practicalities although it will mean I have to change entry class on a few motorsport events.

Maybe someone in the UK could approach Jenvey and do a review of company and products?
http://www.jenvey.co.uk/

From their Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1794171520858717&id=1587171314892073&p=10&refid=52
"Jenvey has made sure to offer the Heritage Throttle Body in four of the sizes most commonly used by classic car owners; 40, 42, 45 and 48mm. The Heritage Throttle Body can be mounted on most types of manifold, with pairs of two for those more performance-orientated applications that require a greater amount of fuel and air mixture to function correctly.

The Heritage Throttle Body will be officially unveiled at the Classic Motor Show at the NEC in November, and Jenvey expects there to be significant interest around this potentially groundbreaking product.

Pre orders are being taken now and the Heritage Throttle Bodies will be available for delivery from January 2017.

Guide prices are (excluding VAT)

• Base unit £240 each including built in fuel rail (£480 a pair)
• Injectors £74 each
• Throttle pot £100 each
• 4 cylinder set up around £876 (including Injectors and throttle pots)"

« Last Edit: Thursday,October 06, 2016, 03:41:14 PM by StephenH »
Stephen
54/1690 1969 S2

Offline BDA

Re: Jenvey Dynamics' new Heritage Throttle Bodies
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,October 06, 2016, 03:43:15 PM »
That's very interesting. Something new that looks old! It's a little too bad that they didn't copy the retaining tab design to retain the air horns (something I always thought was a curious method).
« Last Edit: Thursday,October 06, 2016, 05:01:33 PM by BDA »

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #2 on: Thursday,October 06, 2016, 10:26:56 PM »
http://www.totalkitcar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/steve_says_jenvey.jpg[/img]

Guide prices are (excluding VAT)

• Base unit £240 each including built in fuel rail (£480 a pair)
• Injectors £74 each
• Throttle pot £100 each
• 4 cylinder set up around £876 (including Injectors and throttle pots)"

I make that £2,052 + 20% VAT = £2,462.40, assuming 4 injectors and 4 pots are required.

I don't expect a long queue. For that price, you can get new cams, and a lot of gas flowing, and I don't expect the new injection system will give you much more, if any more power, but just greater reliability, and hopefully easy cold start for all those frosty winter mornings in Melbourne.   

Offline StephenH

« Reply #3 on: Thursday,October 06, 2016, 10:42:10 PM »
I make that £2,052 + 20% VAT = £2,462.40, assuming 4 injectors and 4 pots are required.

I don't expect a long queue. For that price, you can get new cams, and a lot of gas flowing, and I don't expect the new injection system will give you much more, if any more power, but just greater reliability, and hopefully easy cold start for all those frosty winter mornings in Melbourne.

Interesting maths to get over 2K, I think you may have added too many parts :)
2x base units @240 ea = 480.
4x injectors @74 ea = 296
1x throttle pot @ 100 = 100.
480+296+100=876 ex VAT.

Yes you also need a ECU, various fuel system items and sensor for timing, but the throttle bodies for a dual Weber replacement should be under 1K for export purposes.
I wouldn't expect much difference in peak power either, but driveability and total 'below the curve' power should be capable of improving.
The cold start improvements would be appreciated by both me and the neighbors :)
Stephen
54/1690 1969 S2

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #4 on: Thursday,October 06, 2016, 11:11:11 PM »
I got the same maths as you Stephen when it was reported on the Pistonheads the other day.  For what it offers I didn't think it was badly priced.  I don't think I'd go there myself but if I ever had to spend a lot on renovating either weber or dellorto carbs then I would consider one of their standard set-ups.

Brian

Offline Rosco5000

« Reply #5 on: Friday,October 07, 2016, 09:25:29 AM »
I love these!  Yes there is a lot of up front cost but that is pretty similar to any fuel injection set up.  Doesn't seem too far off the price of their conventional set up and it has the cool factor of looking like a weber.  Now I wonder if you can swap that top plate with an original weber unit and have the ultimate in sleeper look under the hood.  Also if you are starting from scratch i.e. you don't own webers and need them for a project it starts making the price look better.  I can't wait to see these on a car.
1974 Europa Special
1969 Europa S2
1970 Lotus Elan +2
1978 Austin Mini - 1275, big brakes
1991 Ford Explorer - Lifted on 33s, custom lift and radius arms
2005 Chrysler 300C - chipped, lowered 22s
2011 Cadillac Escalade - Stage 3 cam, Headers, CAI, 2,600 stall converter

Offline buzzer

« Reply #6 on: Friday,October 07, 2016, 12:27:16 PM »
Stephen,

On your point on Jenvey. They are a well established co.producing decent injection kit.  Have not used it myself but know people who have going back a few years.
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline HealeyBN7

« Reply #7 on: Friday,October 07, 2016, 03:48:29 PM »
Had these existed a few years ago for my Zetec, I would have jumped in.   I am thrilled with OMEX ITBs, but having both the look of Webers at the drivability of fuel injection would be awesome.  Now I need to find another car to justify owning a pair, or more:)