Author Topic: Lotus Supplies  (Read 841 times)

Offline TCS4605R

Lotus Supplies
« on: Thursday,November 19, 2020, 04:51:40 PM »
I have been trying to connect with Dave at Lotus Supplies in England by both phone and email with not a whole lot of success.  My only success was to get Dave on the phone some months ago.  Other than that occasion, I leave voicemails as no one picks up the phone.  I am trying to buy the CV joint flanges for the output shafts of my 365 gearbox.  Any suggestions?

Tom
74 TCS - 4605R

Offline jbcollier

Re: Lotus Supplies
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,November 19, 2020, 07:26:50 PM »
My experience with Lotus Supplies is that either they have it or they don't.  If they don't.  That's it.  End of story.  Kelvedon is the same way.  They just stop responding.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #2 on: Thursday,November 19, 2020, 11:04:51 PM »
Hi Tom,
Personally I'd try Richard even though he's no longer in charge of parts supplies and explain the problem you're having. He might know the reason or be able to push things along for you. 

The only other supplier I've bought from is SJS and they've always been reasonable in responding to orders or emails.

It's disappointing to hear the experience of yourself & John, even if they can't supply or help I would think it only courteous to respond.  Although in their defence they may not be working because we've gone into another month Covid lockdown over here. It's only supposed to be non-essential business that's closed but there's always the chance they're affected, especially if one of them or their workforce have tested +ve.

Brian

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #3 on: Friday,November 20, 2020, 07:01:29 AM »
I've been trying to place an order as well. No contact yet, but it's only been a week for me. Brian makes good points about potential covid related complications.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline Broadside

• Midland Race and Rally
« Reply #4 on: Friday,November 20, 2020, 11:53:10 AM »
I spoke to Nick a week or so ago, and communicated via email, he was hard to get on the phone but very helpful when I got him.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #5 on: Friday,November 20, 2020, 03:36:35 PM »
I'm not disappointed.  It is what it is.  I prefer it to being strung along when there is no intention of ever providing the looked-for part.  That has happened to me and "that" is annoying.