Author Topic: L O T U S  (Read 267 times)

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
L O T U S
« on: Sunday,September 06, 2020, 03:28:55 AM »
Most people associate L O T U S with Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious.

Here is another one:-

Leaks Oil Through Unreachable Seals.

There are two schools of thought about the actual origin.

1) Once you have tasted the Lotus seed, you don't want anything else. Peel away the bitter pith and what remains is a mild, white, slightly sweet seed with a taste between pine nuts and green almonds, packed with protein. And if you've only ever come across the flavour of lotus seed as a bland paste filling a mooncake, trying the real thing is a must. Therefore once you have driven a Lotus you don't want to drive anything else.

2) Chapman sent a car to auction, and it came back Lot U/S, (Lot unsold), and he thought that is a good name for a brand of car. 

I think oil leaks are just something you have to put up with, and check the levels regularly.

Offline HelpMyLotus

Re: L O T U S
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,September 06, 2020, 07:39:54 AM »
I logged on for the first time in MONTHS if not years.  I did this to summon the courage to change the timing gasket (top one in line with the head gasket) because mine squeezed out during install and leaks as expected.  I was even warned about this by a well versed Lotus mechanic.  All that said, this post shows up with the sentence:    "Leaks Oil Through Unreachable Seals"  and I about lost my bloody mary. 

Thanks for the laugh.