Author Topic: Ground pigtail from steering column mount  (Read 738 times)

Offline jjbunn

Ground pigtail from steering column mount
« on: Tuesday,November 24, 2015, 04:24:24 PM »
I'm reassembling the dash and wiring. There is a ground pigtail that attaches to the bracket that holds the steering wheel to the dash, it has two eyelets as seen in the centre of the photo below (black wire):

Where do these eyelets get attached? I'm assuming one goes on the grounding facia to chassis bolt on the tunnel, but am flummoxed by the other. Perhaps it goes on the screw that fixes the brake test switch bracket to the underside of the dash? My original pre-disassembly photos aren't helping, and I can find no reference to this wire in the manual.

Thanks!

Offline BDA

Re: Ground pigtail from steering column mount
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,November 24, 2015, 05:45:10 PM »
Wherever it will attach to something that connects to the frame. It's a ground. It doesn't matter as long as it's grounded.

Offline jjbunn

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,November 25, 2015, 10:53:21 AM »
Wherever it will attach to something that connects to the frame. It's a ground. It doesn't matter as long as it's grounded.

Quite so. I am more interested in where it was originally connected - I think the middle eyelet attaches to the trip control / brake fail test switch plate (and the ground on the brake fail light also attaches at the same point), and the end eyelet attaches to the left grounding point on the tunnel.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,November 25, 2015, 10:58:57 AM »
Looks to me like it already is a ground.  Would hook to gauges and what-not under the dash.