Author Topic: FS: 697 liners & pistons  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Serge

• http://sleurs-motorsport.com
    • Sleurs Motorsport
FS: 697 liners & pistons
« on: Monday,January 19, 2015, 03:10:22 PM »
Hi all,

I've got a line on a few sets of NOS 697 liners and pistons. These are the liners for the early 697 engine (S1-S2) with 1470cc and a 82mm base on the liner.

There are 12 liners available (so 3 sets of four).

There are also some pistons available, these are the flat-top R16 pistons (lower compression: 8.6:1 vs 10.25:1)

20 pistons with a 76mm diameter with a 20mm wrist pin diameter.

4 pistons with a 77mm diameter with a 20mm wrist pin diameter.

However! These are just the pistons, without rings or wrist pins.(Rings are still available new)

Liners are 120 euro for a set of four (so half the price of new liners at mecaparts).
Pistons are 80 euro for a set of four.

This does not include shipping. From a quick search shipping to the US will be around 50 euro. Shipping within Europe is a lot cheaper!

If anyone is interested, let me know. There are some takers, if there are any more, I can get everything reserved for us Europa guys.

Kind regards,

Serge

Offline TEXAS74

Re: FS: 697 liners & pistons
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,January 24, 2015, 03:33:09 AM »
Serge
Good morning
Just for he sake of it , I know it is a very old proposition of yours , do you still have pistons for a 697-04 ????
thanks
Eric  France

Offline Serge

• Sleurs Motorsport
« Reply #2 on: Saturday,January 24, 2015, 07:14:21 AM »
Hi Eric,

I'm sorry, I don't have a source for the high compression 697-04 pistons. The only way to get those is to have new ones custom made.

Kind regards,

Serge

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #3 on: Saturday,January 24, 2015, 10:54:13 AM »
When I get around to rebuilding my original 697 (no time soon), I plan on organizing a group buy of custom high compression pistons.  Unless someone does it sooner, in which case, I'll tag along with their order.

Offline Serge

• Sleurs Motorsport
« Reply #4 on: Saturday,January 24, 2015, 03:52:47 PM »
I'll be in as well John! For the moment I have some shiny new engine bits that are way too pretty and exotic to go in a standard engine rebuild.

I'm planning the ultimate wedge head engine, 1796cc, fully ported and polished, forged internals and hot cam. Going for a nice torque curve and a 7500rpm redline to get the most use out of the engine rather than all out power on the top end. Not for any time soon either (the europa isn't ready yet), but I'm quite excited!

Serge

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #5 on: Sunday,January 25, 2015, 08:19:09 AM »
Cool.  Going with the larger oil pump I hope?

It's hard to get a significant power increase and still maintain a tractable bottom end... unless you add a blower.  I would say 7500 is about all the crank can take, or, you were able to find a forged crank!  I'll be interested in how it turns out.

Offline Serge

• Sleurs Motorsport
« Reply #6 on: Sunday,January 25, 2015, 10:51:48 PM »
Yes, I have a high volume oil pump out of a Fuego turbo engine. There is also a mod you can do to the block to get the oil pressure up, this is frequently used by the A110 crossflow people. 7500 is going to be about the max that I'd try for the crank, but as far as I can tell, there really aren't any forged cranks available, so the standard one is what all the crossflow people use.

Serge

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #7 on: Monday,January 26, 2015, 05:25:13 AM »
It's the weak spot but that is just in retrospect, 7500 was very high way back then.

I'm not crazy about the mod where you limit oil flow to the top end.  That's fine for a race engine which sees regular rebuilds, and oil and pressure build-up a real problem, but not so great for the street where cold starts and low rpm puttering are common.

Offline Serge

• Sleurs Motorsport
« Reply #8 on: Monday,January 26, 2015, 05:45:46 AM »
Thanks for the advice on the oil mod, John. I'll need to talk to some engine builders on what to do about that. We'll see when the time is right, too much to finish on the rest of the car before I'll start on the engine!

Serge

Offline odysis

« Reply #9 on: Thursday,October 18, 2018, 09:22:23 PM »
Serge,do u happen to have any cross flow heads,or know were to find.............stan

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #10 on: Friday,October 19, 2018, 10:41:05 AM »
Best to get a complete crossflow engine.  Lots of parts are different, not just the head: cam, rockers, pushrods, head bolts, distributor, etc.