Author Topic: Europa die-cast models  (Read 4941 times)

Offline Nuk

• Thai British Car
Europa die-cast models
« on: Saturday,August 02, 2014, 05:36:37 AM »
Just want to show my die-cast model collection of Lotus Europa from 1:100 to 1:18. I can't help myself collecting, as it is my favourite car for now, some of them are custom paint by me.  :trophy:

Can you guys show me your collection? But please, if you have a collection like a dozen of 1:1, please give me your address too, I will give you a visit  :beerchug:

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Europa die-cast models
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,August 02, 2014, 08:55:16 AM »
 :)

Now that is some collection !  I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this strange passion for collecting models of cars they own although they are never to be considered as "investments" or "collectible" models, they're mostly just toys I've picked up when I've seen them.

I've only painted the ones that I had to assemble from kits, but do admit to having printed out miniature numberplates for some of the cars to match my own.....   :-[

I'll take some pictures and add them later.

Brian

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Saturday,August 02, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »
 That's quite a collection! You even have a model of a Nuk-mobile!

Offline Nuk

• Thai British Car
« Reply #3 on: Sunday,August 03, 2014, 12:39:18 AM »
Exactly Brian, I usually collect the model of the car I own. I am looking forward to see your collection  ;)
Actually I have owned more MG and Triumph, but never have a passion to collect the models so many as the Europa, I really don't know why ;D

Thank you, BDA  :beerchug:
« Last Edit: Sunday,August 03, 2014, 12:43:08 AM by Nuk »

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #4 on: Monday,August 04, 2014, 10:11:35 AM »
I started off with a photo of the case where I keep all these things, but looking afterwards it's so cluttered that I decided to seperate out the Europas. So these are the Europa models I've found so far, none of which are really what you'd class as "collector" quality, but that's ok.

#1, #3 & #6 are 1/43rd scale
#2,#4 & #5 are small - 1/72nd scale ?
#7 is 1/18th scale and probably the best one I have in terms of model quality & condition.

#1 is interesting so I've shown a second photo of it. Although the bodywork is S2 it has a Twin cam motor & faired in headlights, which makes me think it's a model of the 47.  I've never seen another like it and I guess when new it was good quality as it has detailed engine bay and opening doors & bonnets.

#3 is a metal kit which I put together - never again !  It's far easier working on the real thing and made me decide only to buy ready-built models in future.

#7 is the TCS and has lots of detail, even spark plug leads to the TC engine.It was also the most expensive, I think somewhere around £25-£30 but I don't know for sure as Helen bought it for me one Christmas.

Brian

Offline Nuk

• Thai British Car
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday,August 05, 2014, 06:44:16 AM »
Hello Brian,

You got a very nice collection  :coolpic:
From what I know:

the #1 is one of the must have for collectors, but I don't have it yet  :-[ . It is a vintage die cast which is quite expensive for its size (I think £20++) and not easy to find in good condition.

the #2,#4 & #5 are 1/64th scale

the #7 is made by Kyosho and is expensive, I think the price  now must be £80+ for a new one.

Keep collecting them and show us when anyone got a new model  :beerchug:

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday,August 05, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »

the #7 is made by Kyosho and is expensive, I think the price  now must be £80+ for a new one.

£80 ?????     :huh:

wow, things have really moved on since I last bought a toy car !  I know some models have started selling for silly prices now, like the "Avengers" set with the Lotus Elan, but I didn't realize that it had extended to more modern examples.  It is a very nice model though and until you told me how much they are now, I have been thinking I'd try to buy one in Yellow to go alongside it. Maybe not....

I have always thought the Mebetoys one (#1) is a rare model, I've had it for many years now and most likely picked it up at an autojumble at some point. I can tell you for sure that I won't have paid very much for it !  It's not collectors standard though, the transfers are dog-eared and it's clearly been "played with" (if only by me)

Brian

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #7 on: Friday,August 08, 2014, 10:08:08 AM »
Very cool collections. My personal collection consists mainly of 1/24 scale plastic kits, though there are a couple 1/64 Matchbox and Corgi Europas in there. I'll take a couple pics and post them when I get the chance.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline Nuk

• Thai British Car
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday,August 12, 2014, 01:29:30 AM »
This must be a serious Lotus Europa model collector in Japan.  :huh:

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/kuchaneinu/folder/941021.html?m=lc

Offline BDA

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday,August 12, 2014, 07:31:57 AM »
Yeah, I understand that Europas are more popular in Japan than most places... Don't know why but we seem to have similar tastes to them!  :)

Offline Nuk

• Thai British Car
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday,August 20, 2014, 01:34:45 AM »
Yeah, I understand that Europas are more popular in Japan than most places... Don't know why but we seem to have similar tastes to them!  :)

There is a famous comic bookcalled "Circuit Wolf".
"Our Europa" is the hero in this comic books, this is why it is very famous in Japan, please enjoy the videos below:

So famous that they have a museum for the comic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB_npGmiPyk
And even have an event imitate the race of the cars from that comic book: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1m68EbRu7Y

Offline BDA

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday,August 20, 2014, 07:47:06 AM »
Thanks, Nuk! I especially enjoyed the museum! I love Miuras. Wasn't the Toyota 2000 GT also called the Fairlady and wasn't the Datsun 240Z called the Fairlady, too?

Offline Nuk

• Thai British Car
« Reply #13 on: Monday,August 25, 2014, 03:54:15 AM »
Thanks, Nuk! I especially enjoyed the museum! I love Miuras. Wasn't the Toyota 2000 GT also called the Fairlady and wasn't the Datsun 240Z called the Fairlady, too?

I am not sure, but I think should be only the Nissan Z called Fairlady.  :beerchug:

P.S. you can download a few issues of "Circuit Wolf" comics through your iphone appstore, it is in English. cheers
« Last Edit: Monday,August 25, 2014, 04:00:52 AM by Nuk »