Lotus Europa Forums > Off Topic Subjects

Ownership of US Federal Number Plates

<< < (2/3) > >>

BDA:
I feel for you. If nothing else works, I wonder if you could title the car as though you made it from parts or you designed and built it yourself...

4129R:
I believe a Certificate of Providence from Andy Graham should be sufficient to convince Mr Jobsworth, or his manager.

BDA:
My fingers are crossed for you! Let us know how it turns out.

4129R:

--- Quote from: BDA on Sunday,November 19, 2023, 01:46:31 PM ---My fingers are crossed for you! Let us know how it turns out.

--- End quote ---

Well I have received a letter and a Certificate of Provenance from Andy Graham at Lotus Archives, and sent it to DVLA. He works about 10 miles away from my home and has actually been to my home and seen this car.

If that does not convince DVLA of the true identity of this car, then I will make a formal complaint to DVLA.

It is a bit like asking a mother to identify her baby. If she can't, who the hell can ?

BDA:
Still crossing my fingers for you but I’m confused. What exactly is the rub? Are they unsure of the actual VIN? Admittedly, making a fake VIN plate probably wouldn’t be difficult but how does Andy’s Certificate of Provenance correct that? Are they doubting who actually owns the car? That it was actually imported from the USA? That it was built in the UK? That it’s actually a Lotus?   :confused:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version