Author Topic: Water circulation diagram - help  (Read 635 times)

Offline John R

Water circulation diagram - help
« on: Friday,February 26, 2021, 12:52:43 AM »
I have just renewed all the components of the cooling/heating system. Most of the connections were fairly obvious but it would be comforting to have a diagram to check them against if such a thing exists?
Thanks

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Water circulation diagram - help
« Reply #1 on: Friday,February 26, 2021, 09:29:35 AM »
I haven't seen a proper drawing of the complete system which includes heater and cooling circuits. The workshop and parts manuals show schematics for the two systems although they're not on a single diagram.  The cooling hoses are fairly obvious and you can tell the right way to connect them from the Parts Manual diagram.

I can't help on the Renault engines but on the TC the heater has two connections to the steel pipes in the backbone, on mine the one on the passenger side is from the heater valve on the cylinder head/thermostat housing and the other steel pipe connects to the outlet from the water pump. I've added some text to a pic of the steel transfer pipe in question because trying to describe in words is beyond me !

Brian 

« Last Edit: Friday,February 26, 2021, 09:31:19 AM by EuropaTC »

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #2 on: Friday,February 26, 2021, 09:33:50 AM »
S1/S2 or TC? For the S2, the service manual has a illustration of the cooling system. For the TC, need to look at the parts manual. It's fairly easy to follow the piping hand over hand in the car. Follow the engine outlet, water pump outlet for the S2 or the thermostat housing for the TC into the chassis backbone. In the cabin see where the tube comes in and leaves. For both cars, the inlet to the radiator is at the bottom and exits the top.

https://www.lotuseuropa.org/images/WorkshopManual/S2_Section_K_-_Cooling_System.pdf
 https://www.lotuseuropa.org/images/WorkshopManual/PartManual/tck.pdf

Offline John R

« Reply #3 on: Friday,February 26, 2021, 09:59:04 PM »
Many thanks for the help - all sorted now....thanks again

Will probably need a little help finding the correct routing for the clutch and throttle cables on the TC as don't really find the info in the standard manual very clear....

Cheers