Author Topic: LOG 40 Announced  (Read 563 times)

Offline 3929R

LOG 40 Announced
« on: Saturday,August 24, 2019, 09:01:28 PM »
It's a year out but I'm excited!

https://youtu.be/D4fVZaJaZws

LOG 40 is the 40th annual national Lotus Owners Gathering. It seems to be commonly held on the east coast but next year it's a bit further west. See you in Salt Lake City?
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline Certified Lotus

Re: LOG 40 Announced
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,August 25, 2019, 04:04:31 AM »
Great to hear the next LOG will be in Utah! Lots of time to plan for a road trip!

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,August 25, 2019, 08:44:03 AM »
I'm jealous of you guys out there, Mark! But I'm happy for you, too! That would be a long road trip for me (but not nearly the longest one I've done in my car) so it's probably unlikely that I'll be going, but who knows? Stranger things than that have happened!

Offline 3929R

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,August 25, 2019, 10:41:20 AM »
Great to hear the next LOG will be in Utah! Lots of time to plan for a road trip!
Do it! The more the merrier.

I'm jealous of you guys out there, Mark! But I'm happy for you, too! That would be a long road trip for me (but not nearly the longest one I've done in my car) so it's probably unlikely that I'll be going, but who knows? Stranger things than that have happened!
Keep it in mind. It's a long way from the there to here and a long way from here to there. I know first hand as I've moved from Utah to North Carolina and from NC to UT (though I'm not from either state).

Something that may help make LOG 40 a stand out, Geely now owns Lotus and Mitime, which runs the Utah Motorsports Park (formerly Miller Motorsports Park). Hopefully Geely is invested in promoting the track and Lotus, including cars scheduled to be released.
https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a24685707/geely-buys-miller-motorsports-park-utah/

Mark

Offline BDA

« Reply #4 on: Sunday,August 25, 2019, 04:01:25 PM »
Interesting! The LOG really deserved to be on your side of the country but it's more clear why they chose Salt Lake City!

I was at a buddy's house watcan IMSA race on TV and asked if he wanted to go to Salt Lake City in a Lotus. It didn't take him long to say no! Maybe I'll ask somebody else...

Offline 3929R

« Reply #5 on: Thursday,August 29, 2019, 06:16:22 AM »
I was at a buddy's house... and asked if he wanted to go to Salt Lake City in a Lotus. It didn't take him long to say no!...
:FUNNY: :beerchug:
Mark

Offline tedtaylor

• TaylorMadeClassicCars
« Reply #6 on: Thursday,August 29, 2019, 06:39:46 AM »
if YOU do a road trip Glen, then i'm in (with the M100 though) not that the Sprint wouldn't make it, but i'd be sad putting it though such a beating...
of course you'll probably have your Evora by then....
perhaps I could rent one? :confused:
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss

'13 Evora S
owned nearly 50 Lotus cars over the years!
TaylorMadeClassicCars on WWW and Facebook

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #7 on: Thursday,August 29, 2019, 07:29:35 AM »
Too far to drive for me. I might fly in though. I’ve gone to two LOG’s where I have flown in and had a great time.