Author Topic: Stop Lamp Switch Wiring  (Read 383 times)

Offline Certified Lotus

Stop Lamp Switch Wiring
« on: Wednesday,August 07, 2019, 03:12:09 PM »
Can someone tell me the color wires going to the stop lamp switch (part number 11 in the drawing)? I’m confused by the wiring diagram and I have two wires going to this area of the engine bay. One wire is a double green wire on one female spade connector (OEM wire & connector) and a green and white stripe wire to female spade (although it looks like green with a grey stripe).

The green/white wire goes to the #5 connection on the relay under the dash.

I have removed the Pressure Difference Warning Valve (part number 7 in the drawing) entirely.
« Last Edit: Wednesday,August 07, 2019, 03:17:34 PM by Certified Lotus »

Offline RoddyMac

Re: Stop Lamp Switch Wiring
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,August 07, 2019, 03:27:53 PM »
The green will be the power to the switch and should continue on to the back-up lamp switch.  The other wire should have most likely have been green with purple.  Green/white is typically a signal wire colour code.  But, if it's the one that goes to the correct terminal, then you should be able to use it.  But, definitely test everything with a multimeter beforehand.
« Last Edit: Wednesday,August 07, 2019, 03:29:31 PM by RoddyMac »

Offline Certified Lotus

Re: Stop Lamp Switch Wiring
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,August 07, 2019, 04:02:49 PM »
Thanks Roddymac! Yes, now that I traced the wire under the dash and looked at the color it is green/purple. That was throwing me off when I thought it was green/white or grey.

All good. Thanks again for the quick response!