Author Topic: Lotus Factory Tour  (Read 52 times)

Offline My S1

Lotus Factory Tour
« on: Today at 11:47:26 AM »
Just want to share some photos with you folks of the Classic Team Lotus Tour that my wife and me took last month.  A wonderful tour with a very knowledgable guide.  Could have spent all day there.  The factory tour...just another factory.

The Clark Museum was well worth the trip up north to the Borders.  I would recomend that you spend the night in Duns bedause it is such a delightful village.  Quite a few tours and rallies and such are organised by the museum and the Clark Trust.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: Lotus Factory Tour
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:04:07 PM »
Thanks for posting the photos. It looks like a very interesting trip. I lived in the UK for 8 months back in the early 2000s, but wasn't quite as Lotus minded as I am now. I went to many races and visit a number of factory tours and similar visits (including being invited to a personal tour of the Williams works, which I regrettably had to decline due to work obligations) but none were specifically Lotus oriented. If I had a chance for a do-over, I would absolutely hit up all of those spots.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:16:37 PM »
Thanks for the great pictures!! It's nice to see such a nice grave marker for Jim Clark.

Offline My S1

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:50:57 PM »
Yes indeed.  The grave site was spruced up for the anniversary of his passing.  I did not realise it but we visited the site on the 6th of April.  He died on the 7th of April.  They had some events planned for Sunday the 7th but we could not join in as we drove directly to Glencoe after our Duns visit.  Poor planning on my part.