Author Topic: 2619R went somewhere!  (Read 268 times)

Offline Fotog

• 72 Twin Cam
2619R went somewhere!
« on: Monday,April 04, 2022, 10:07:55 AM »
I took the car out on Saturday, and went to a 'cars & coffee'.  There were a bunch of nice people there and a surprising amount of interest in my beat-up looking TC.  More people were interested in it than the $1/4 million+ Lambo that I was parked next to.  :) I really enjoyed it, and it was the first time I actually went somewhere in the car and got out.  Until now, I've only taken it out on round-trip excursions.  You know, "test runs", even if after a while there isn't much new to test.

About a month ago I got my new tires installed (replacing the 40-year-old ones), with road-force balancing.  It's not perfect, but pretty acceptable up to 75mph, which is as much as I've done.   At that speed I feel like I'm going about 130 mph in a 'normal' car.  [A fair bit of wind, plenty of engine noise...]  Probably in the Lambo you feel like you're going 35.  They're missing out!

This thing is such a blast to drive!  I strongly encourage any of you that are still polishing your exhaust systems or whatever to do what you need to so that you can go for a drive.

I'd love to get it to look wonderful.  I like aesthetics.  But I wonder if I'll ever get there.  It's too much fun to drive.
-Vince

Offline BDA

Re: 2619R went somewhere!
« Reply #1 on: Monday,April 04, 2022, 10:13:45 AM »
Congratulations on your getting out with your baby! Prettier would be nice but you're supposed to drive these cars! As you found out, these cars generate a LOT of attention! Just keep enjoying your car!  :beerchug:

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,April 05, 2022, 07:12:48 AM »
Good story, Vince. As BDA says, driving first, aesthetics second. I day out in a Europa is always exciting, always a story. Glad to hear you're getting some miles on yours. 8)
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline Fotog

• 72 Twin Cam
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,April 05, 2022, 10:31:55 AM »
Thanks, guys.👍
At the risk of sounding like a broken record (I think most of us here know what that is 😊), yeah... it's super-fun!  However, there's more that I should check out soon before I end up with some problem.
-V