Author Topic: Bonnet water capacity?  (Read 377 times)

Offline dakazman

Bonnet water capacity?
« on: Monday,January 08, 2024, 02:15:00 PM »
  I made a cover for my A/C lines but need some guidance on an if, water gets into this area.
  Thanks in advance.
Dakazman

Offline RoddyMac

Re: Bonnet water capacity?
« Reply #1 on: Monday,January 08, 2024, 02:26:25 PM »
There shouldn't really be any water in that space.  If there is, then you're either under water, getting hit with a fire hose, or the bonnet lock is leaking.  The run off from the body/windscreen should be caught by the gutter around the bonnet opening, and I highly doubt you would get water ingress from the fan opening. 

Offline dakazman

« Reply #2 on: Monday,January 08, 2024, 04:01:58 PM »
 Thanks Roddy, that’s the answer I was looking for. I just wanted to get ahead of any water flowing ing car under dash and onto floor.
 Dakazman

Offline Pfreen

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,January 09, 2024, 03:48:01 AM »
I don't exactly understand your question but the evaporator return line will sweat unless it is well insulated.  My evaporator is in the area you show Dave and it sweats some and after a long time a small pool of water will be under it.
So, insulate and make sure your evaporator drains overboard.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,January 09, 2024, 07:09:14 AM »
   Your absolutely correct Paul. My evaporator does have a drain line installed in its casing plumbed into the T section.
 I will add some insulation to the line.
  My concern was storm water entering the bonnet area since one line goes thru the bulkhead rather low. see pic.
If it does I can make a small dam around lines. now that you got my wheels turning I guess I could use a soft putty. 

I might call you soon to help with a windscreen. If it doesn't come in soon I'll miss the show in Melbourne on the 4th Feb. 

Dave