Author Topic: U.K. meets  (Read 753 times)

Offline Pete

U.K. meets
« on: Thursday,April 22, 2021, 11:01:13 PM »
Hi.
Do we know if there are any planned U.K. meets. Covid permitting coming up?
My auntie things there may be one the first weekend of July that may happen.
Would be good to meet other Europa owners.
Also preferably north west of U.K.  I’m not too sure how I would manage long travels in the car.
Europa S2 1970 great car
Me complete novice mechanic..
Let’s see how the restore goes.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: U.K. meets
« Reply #1 on: Friday,April 23, 2021, 09:37:10 AM »
I would check the Lotus Drivers Club & Club Lotus websites to see what they're organising and when.  Both clubs have area organisers and used to have monthly meets, generally pub car parks so that might not be fully running yet.

As you're in the north west there used to be mid summer classic shows at Oulton Park & Tatton Park which normally had Europas on show.  When we lived in Yorkshire we quite liked the Oulton show, but that's a few years back and it might have changed format.

Brian

Offline S2Zetec54

« Reply #2 on: Friday,April 23, 2021, 12:59:41 PM »
It would be nice to meet up. Out of interest which club is better. Not too long ago I was a member of Club Lotus and they had a pretty active meet at a local pub near Bath called the Bull at Hinton.

Offline Lotsof 3146 R

« Reply #3 on: Friday,April 23, 2021, 03:40:31 PM »
Any meet-ups in Kent or the southeast?

Offline JR73

• Banks Europa S2
« Reply #4 on: Friday,May 07, 2021, 09:41:44 AM »
There’s a Cars n Coffee meet in Liverpool that’s pretty good, this used to be the last Sunday of each month at the Chung Ku Restaurant (by Land Rover and Jaguar main dealerships), free to attend but best to get there before 9am in order to get a parking space as it can be really busy - not announced when it will resume yet, there are usually a few Lotus’ but the range of other interesting cars that turn up is pretty impressive.

There is also a different Cars n Coffee on the Prom meet at Rhos on Sea (North Wales) that was held on the 3rd Sunday of each month between April and September near the Cayley tea hut. Free to attend and if you get fed up of looking at cars you can stare out to sea or go and build sand castles on the beach. Nothing announced atm as to when this will resume either.

Just remembered that the Scotch Piper Pub (Southport Rd, Lydiate, Liverpool L31 4HD) used to have fairly regular gatherings of bikes and cars both in the evenings and of weekends, never attended any but have driven past when they have been on often enough and there has been some interesting stuff there too.

NORLOG (North west Lotus owners group) also arrange meets etc and have a website that information can be found on as to what is likely to happen and when... http://www.norlog.net/
There are occasionally some classic Lotus in attendance but the majority are generally Elise, Exige, Evora.

LDC used to be the more active choice if you like driving your car (routes planned, track days etc), Club Lotus meets where more suited to Jazz enthusiasts (nothing wrong with Jazz I hasten to add but they have their own clubs...!).
« Last Edit: Friday,May 07, 2021, 10:49:25 AM by JR73 »

Offline S2Zetec54

« Reply #5 on: Friday,May 07, 2021, 11:11:31 AM »
Ha! Jazz....very funny and thanks for the suggestions....one day I'll make it up there aswell

There’s a similar thing called Caffeine and Machine ...North of where I am which is worth a trip but like your suggestion...can get very busy