Author Topic: Twin cam rocker chrome trim  (Read 416 times)

Offline rjbaren

Twin cam rocker chrome trim
« on: Saturday,August 01, 2020, 06:41:48 PM »
Hi again. 

I hear a rattle or vibration in the passenger door at speed.  I believe it is the chrome trim above the rocker panel cover outside the door.  The front clip on the chrome trim is missing.  I ordered about 9 of these clips form RD enterprises and they arrived today.  I can drill out the clip and replace it but, when the new clip is installed, do you just use your hand to bamg the trim back in place?

Can I replace the single clip without removing the rocker panel cover and/or chrome trim? 

Offline BDA

Re: Twin cam rocker chrome trim
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,August 01, 2020, 07:36:26 PM »
I believe the chrome trim is separate from the rocker panel. The clips work as you expect: a tap with a rubber mallet or maybe even your hand will probably fix it. My guess is that you'll have to take the chrome trim piece off, pop on the new clip, and then reinstall the chrome piece.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,August 02, 2020, 06:58:47 AM »
The door handle rods are the most common source of vibration.  Bit of foam between the rod and the door will silence it.

Offline rjbaren

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,August 02, 2020, 11:49:31 AM »
Ah, good one.  I did the clip anyway, but that will be put on the list next time I remove the door panel.  Thank you.