Author Topic: TCS master cylinder  (Read 563 times)

Offline Pfreen

TCS master cylinder
« on: Thursday,December 20, 2018, 08:44:07 AM »
I recently installed a new master cylinder.  I have boosters and wanted the 7/8” bore master cylinder.  I found the one shown In the photo.  It is from a 1983-1986 Dodge Ram 50,  Dodge Challenger and Plymouth Arrow, as well as  a number of other cars of the era.  I bought it at Autozone for $39 and it was in stock!  I removed the two pressure valves in the master cylinder, since my remote reservoirs are the highest point of the brake System.  The ports are m10x1 so you need to buy the correct fittings for the 3/16 brake line.  The ports are on top.  Another cylinder I considered is from a 1974 Mazda RX4.  This appears to be the same as the previous part but the outlet ports are on the correct side, so the plumbing is easier.  I could not find one of these in stock, but Rock Auto now has a Raybestos MC39251 in stock for $82.79.  You will need remote cylinders for both of these master cylinders.
« Last Edit: Thursday,December 20, 2018, 11:39:31 AM by LotusJoe »

Offline BDA

Re: TCS master cylinder
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,December 20, 2018, 08:49:14 AM »
Very cool! That's a very simple and inexpensive solution to a problem a lot of people have wrestled with. I would note that your picture seems to be rotated!  :)

Offline Pfreen

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,December 20, 2018, 09:03:57 AM »
The photo is correct on my IPAD, which I wrote the post on, but not on the PC.  Anyone got a solution for that!

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #3 on: Thursday,December 20, 2018, 11:41:01 AM »
The photo is correct on my IPAD, which I wrote the post on, but not on the PC.  Anyone got a solution for that!
Photo has been rotated.
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)