Author Topic: New member from france  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Triton23

Re: New member from france
« Reply #15 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 01:05:59 AM »
Hi Brian, thanks for the reply. its a shame I cant get the hang of the photo posting thing, as I need help identifying exactly what I have.
its a uk rhd Europa 65 s2,  its gold leaf red and white with a very low front moulded spoiler, modified rear light clusters and side skirts.
the rear has some form of rear disc converstion and the front is running on a vented disc config with either spyder or banks wishbones, the NG3
has been fitted and the rear suspension is avo as is the front. being new to europas I don't know how to identify whos parts have been used. I have no
photos of the original uk number plates so cant trace it through DVLA. its now running on French historic plates. (carte gris de collection)
engine is an 807 Renault crossflow, waterpump removed and electric pump fitted at the front near the modified radiator.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #16 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 02:10:13 AM »
If you have front vented discs then the Banks' conversion kit uses 247mm vented discs with single pot calipers, from Ford I think.  The Avo dampers might also be a Banks purchase, SJS sell the Protech dampers with their suspension kits.

I can't help with posting images from an iPad though, the missus has one and I'm only allowed to play with it when it breaks... :)   

It should be ok to upload though,  perhaps the problem is the file size ? There are limits on how big an image you can upload, it#s about 1mb on jpgs and that's easily exceeded with cameras on phones these days so I'd bet an iPad camera is more than 1mb.

Brian 

Offline Triton23

« Reply #17 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 02:29:21 AM »
test upload

Offline Triton23

« Reply #18 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 02:42:09 AM »
ok its taked hours of zipping , un zipping etc etc but at last some photos of my breadvan! (not for purists)

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #19 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 03:33:04 AM »
 :Welcome:  Nice car with great upgrades! Looking forward to your updates on getting back on the road. And congratulations on figuring out how to post photos, we like photos :beerchug:

Online BDA

« Reply #20 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 04:45:16 AM »
I second Certified's post! Very nice car! Great pictures, too! We LOVE pictures!  ;D

It's hard to tell but it looks like you have a Banks twin link rear with modifications to pick up the back of the tranny. That's likely Richard's rear disc kit though my discs look nothing like yours. I've seen and heard of several ways that cat has been skinned and they are all look pretty much the same so it's hard to be definitive about that two. If you see a Ford logo on the calipers, that's evidence that it came from Richard.

As Brian says, you likely have Richard's front vented disc kit as I don't think I've heard of many options for that. I asked Richard what the front calipers came from and he said they were just generic calipers! I didn't think there was such a thing. I think you can get rebuild kits for them from him.

Offline Triton23

« Reply #21 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 06:25:48 AM »
It all looks pretty new, just been stood for a few years while the poor old boy was fighting his cancer I guess. Just got the last of the lights working, so should be able to book a test next week.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #22 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 07:23:35 AM »
Those rear discs with the large stud holes look similar to the ones I used, they are from the modern Mini Cooper.  They aren't exactly the same but there are/were several variations available when I got mine so it might be worth checking dimensions.

Brian

Offline dakazman

« Reply #23 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 11:39:16 AM »
 :Welcome:
Well gook luck with your new addition. I agree with 4129 about helping us here also with Renault parts. We would love to see more pics.
Dakazman

Offline Triton23

« Reply #24 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 11:51:48 AM »
I'm always happy to help, I have Renault 16 spark plug extenders coming from Holland and I live in france! how does that work???

on my next trip to town iam gonna go in the local Renault dealer and see if I can get a feel for how NOS stuff is to order.

Offline JR73

• Banks Europa S2
« Reply #25 on: Saturday,April 28, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »
I agree that the Twin link kit looks like a Banks one - it looks to be an early version with additional tubing added to it to support the gearbox.
Avo shocks I’d almost guarantee are from Banks as Richard had a supply deal with them and the valving was specific to him.
Rear caliper conversion again looks like an early Banks kit - the brackets look less ‘finished’ than I remember and those calipers are, as already mentioned, from a Ford Sierra.
Front tubular wishbones again look like they are from Banks - pics of the lowers would confirm this.

Hope this helps?

Jon