Author Topic: Rattle clips for Richard's vented front brakes  (Read 501 times)

Offline BDA

Rattle clips for Richard's vented front brakes
« on: Thursday,May 04, 2017, 11:25:57 AM »
I'm using Richard's floating caliper vented front disc kit. I occasionally hear a clunking coming from the front of my car. Everything in and around the suspension is tight so I figured that maybe I had lost a part of the rattle clips so I ordered a set of rattle clips from him. When I went to put them on, they didn't look any different from what I already had - with two exceptions. My original clips have a retaining tang on one side of rattle clip and a hole for the retaining wire clip on the other as opposed to having a hole on either end for the retaining wire clip (see attached picture). And my original rattle clips do not have the spring clip (shown at the bottom of the attached picture).

I doubt the lack of that clip is allowing my brakes to rattle, but I'm wondering how to use that clip. I figure it's at least worth a try. Does anybody have any ideas what the spring clip is for and how to put it on?

Offline FranV8

Re: Rattle clips for Richard's vented front brakes
« Reply #1 on: Friday,May 05, 2017, 11:59:20 PM »
I went through this battle puzzle myself, and was looking to see if I had a picture on my phone.  I'll have to take one later, but I did cheat and find the caliper is a Bendix that is fitted to some Citroen Saxos , so I googled some pictures of these.  Well their brakes anyway!

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday,May 06, 2017, 12:49:37 AM »
This is how mine are fixed.

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Saturday,May 06, 2017, 06:35:35 AM »
That's got to be it. 4129R.

Great information, FranV8. Richard told me they were "generic" and he didn't have any rebuild kits.

Thanks guys!