Author Topic: Exhaust Manifolds for Twin Cam  (Read 10627 times)

Offline TheKid#9

Re: Exhaust Manifolds for Twin Cam
« Reply #60 on: Monday,May 10, 2021, 08:43:08 PM »
Thanks guys - Yes I've been to Banks Europa's website and I have seen the SS one he has.

If I go Mild Steel, I will definitely get them ceramic coated, I found a shop near my house that can do it for me. Not sure about price but can't be too bad.

I have a feeling I'll go with Rays Mild steel and get them coated, it seems like I always go to Ray. He has helped me out a lot over the years. Just wanted some other opinions, thoughts, comments or suggestions.

Offline Kendo

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday,May 11, 2021, 03:21:50 PM »
My headers are ceramic coated. But I haven't been able to get them not to leak. Can the ceramic coating be milled flat? Or do I need a thicker gasket?

Offline Lotuswins

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday,May 11, 2021, 09:51:25 PM »
Try filing it flat in a vice, to try and save the coating on the rest of the surface?  If that doesn't work, you may need a thicker flange if a double gasket won't work.

I have the big bore Dave Bean headers, they are quite nice, excellent workmanship.  I talked to Ken a year ago about them, and he had priced new sets but the cost was over 1k, so he didn't think he could sell them on.  I had the SS ceramic coated too, since the radiation off the shiney SS was too much (melted a throttle cable, throttle stuck, crikey!! that was frightening), to reduce under hood temps.  Also, they hit the stock shift linkage, and I didn't want to dent the new headers to clear, so moved the pivot point.  That changed the H pattern to a angular pattern....not good.  Eventually went to a modified trans and side shifter.

Jerry Rude
4005R

Offline Lotsof 3146 R

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday,May 12, 2021, 07:49:31 AM »
Thanks for all the info, I now know I have nice a non-standard 4 into 2 in 1 exhaust.