Author Topic: Banks Europa - Club Lotus Show in 2000 !!  (Read 5191 times)

Offline BDA

Re: Banks Europa - Club Lotus Show in 2000 !!
« Reply #15 on: Thursday,April 26, 2018, 09:56:29 AM »
I guess time has different meanings to highly creative people.

Offline andy harwood

« Reply #16 on: Thursday,April 26, 2018, 05:52:25 PM »
That is a great article about Banks & Richard. Being a Buell nut myself, I enjoyed seeing the Buell motorcycles in Richard's shop. I've always thought there are a lot of similarities between C. Chapman and E. Buell's philosophies.

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #17 on: Friday,April 27, 2018, 03:28:17 AM »
What a great article on Europa Engineering! My kind of place, lots of history, unique in every way and located in a small town. Run by a guy who has a passion to do it his way. Simply amazing.

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #18 on: Friday,April 27, 2018, 10:55:16 AM »
Yes, thanks for posting the link. A very interesting read on Richard's operation. As I read, on this forum and elsewhere, about Richard and his many exploits, I feel as though I must be missing something, as it seems impossible for one man to do what is being done. Having read this article, I am even more amazed, and totally blown away. How does one man find the time?
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline JR73

• Banks Europa S2
« Reply #19 on: Sunday,April 29, 2018, 02:24:43 PM »
I didn't photograph the transporter, but I did take a photo of a nice, clean, pale yellow S1 or S2 road car that was parked with the Banks racer. I'll see if I can dig up those old photos.

Not long back from my travels but have been searching around for some of the photos I have...
Can't find my own pics from that day yet but I did find this on the Banks website which I suspect is of the day you mentioned (it is at Oulton) with Rogers S2 in the background.

Amongst the pics that I have found are a few from the very same show that started this thread, what are the chances?!!

There are some build photos of Richards 62 on his website (along with some pics of my car if you dig deep enough!);
http://www.banks-europa.co.uk/gallery/gallery10.htm

In amongst his other pics is one showing his car with the supercharger mounted to the back of the engine along with the other changes I mentioned.
« Last Edit: Sunday,April 29, 2018, 09:47:16 PM by JR73 »