Author Topic: Transmission gaskets source?  (Read 172 times)

Offline TurboFource

Transmission gaskets source?
« on: Sunday,November 06, 2022, 08:39:08 AM »
Had some in and out movement in my "clutch" shaft and wanted to see if it carried through to the primary shaft so
I removed the rear cover, thankfully the primary shaft has no play but the gasket fell apart....are the gaskets available through regular sources
line RD Enterprises?
The more I do the more I find I need to do....

Offline BDA

Re: Transmission gaskets source?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,November 06, 2022, 09:20:44 AM »
They might be available. Michel at Alpine-America (http://www.alpine-america.qc.ca/) recommended using Permatex Right Stuff. If you're using synthetic tranny oil, you may want to use Permatex's Ultra Synthetic gasket maker. Looking at Permatex's website, there is nothing to suggest that Right Stuff is not effective with synthetic oils, but then if they make a gasket maker for synthetic oils, why not use it if you're using synthetic oils?

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,November 06, 2022, 09:42:42 AM »
Some 336, 352, and 365 gaskets are available from the usual Lotus suppliers ((RD, Lotus Supplies, SJ, Kelvedon.  They don’t always have stock but you can usually find them all between them.  Mecaparts and other Alpine suppliers will have some as well though their transaxles have swing axles so there are some differences.

Gaskets also show up on ebay from time to time.

Offline TurboFource

« Reply #3 on: Friday,November 11, 2022, 02:43:27 PM »
I ended up making my own gasket as shipping would have probably been more than a gasket.
The more I do the more I find I need to do....

Offline dakazman

« Reply #4 on: Friday,November 11, 2022, 03:58:38 PM »
   Turbo ,  I ordered mine off eBay it was not correct for a 336 so I ended up making my own also.
 My biggest leak is the entire lower center gearbox casing. I should have split the case . 
Dakazman