Author Topic: Wiring Diagrams  (Read 2302 times)

Offline BDA

Re: Wiring Diagrams
« Reply #15 on: Thursday,July 29, 2021, 10:08:10 AM »
On the TC wiring diagram, "TUNNEL" refers to the light that illuminates the heater and choke controls which poke forward from beneath the elbow pad between the seats.

I can't say the situation has happened in my TCS but if both people wanted to raise or lower his window at the same time, I think a little revving of the motor would be very helpful! I don't know anything about the difference between the S2 and TC window wiring but a member here came up with a way to use relays for his windows. I think it's a really good idea but so far I've been too lazy to do it!  :o

Offline dakazman

« Reply #16 on: Thursday,July 29, 2021, 12:24:24 PM »
  Thanks BDA, so that’s where it is. Does it work well?

The Tcs wiring evolved for the better. Even newer controls like the relays are also safer.
Along with electric washers. 😁 it makes it easier to copy that plan than reimagining a different plan.

With 61 components and an assortment of connectors, not included in the count , I started a schematic layout . Just the top to follow and make notes. That’s why I asked about the windows and the correction or ambiguity.
With the intent to view the s2 easier.
 With approximately 65 components on the early TCS schematic. It doesn’t even look menacing.

Dakazman

These steps are just for layout but I’m sure you’ll see where I’m taking it. The DB10 relay is next but it’s allmost a copy and paste along with hazard switch and flashers.

Offline BDA

« Reply #17 on: Thursday,July 29, 2021, 12:48:34 PM »
I don't remember who posted that window relay scheme but I believe he said it worked better than the stock setup. I wouldn't doubt it and it's certainly easier on the switch contacts.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #18 on: Friday,July 30, 2021, 12:37:08 PM »
  Well🤪,  I thought I’d go cross eyed but now it’s just a matter of a formal layout and better line work.

except for brake test , that should be all the wire runs.

WOW, What a difference!!😍

Dakazman

Offline BDA

« Reply #19 on: Friday,July 30, 2021, 01:16:11 PM »
That's your whole wiring diagram?! Wow! That's really simple. You should be able to make a really pretty diagram from that!

I've been following your direction and have added my oil temp gauge and deleted the dash rheostat and seat belt buzzer circuits. It actually looks pretty good so far but I have lots more to add (fuel pump crash relay, rev limiter, backup camera, red/white/amber tail lights that separate brake and turn signal/emergency flasher, and probably a few other things. It's obviously a work in progress but I am making some progress.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #20 on: Friday,July 30, 2021, 02:50:25 PM »
   BDA, Yes Its all there. now to place items from a center point out, keeping it to scale.

Crop and paste works nice to keep the lines straight with the line colors. crop and paste just a color line saves time. i forgot to save a few times and it set me back hours. 
  my daughters work with photoshop and illustrator, one"s a tattoo artist and a computer graphic artist, and the other, head of media for Ward photonics, they both laugh at me for using paint 3D. They both offered to help but stubborn me declined. :confused:
    its been really hot here, so taking it slow but I'm still wrenching on my baby. LOL  getting the wife to sew a headliner together soon with my plans from months ago.

dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #21 on: Saturday,August 07, 2021, 03:38:33 PM »
  All most done. With the help of BDA, I worked on my line work in paint 3D .

This is the original schematic from the manuals in the TCS format. I’m putting in the connectors so that they are consistent with the original. So between that and the wiper run and brake fail , this is how it will look.
  When done I’ll ask lotus Joe to post in tech section with better resolution.
Dakazman

Offline BDA

« Reply #22 on: Saturday,August 07, 2021, 03:40:08 PM »
Boy, that's SO much more readable than the original S2 wiring diagram!!! Great job, D'man!!!  :beerchug:

Offline dakazman

« Reply #23 on: Saturday,August 07, 2021, 04:49:04 PM »
Thanks BDA.
  My line work is now perfected within the program , I’ll try to shift items around to get it a little bit more readable.
  I can also now simplify the breakout drawings in a straight line with trouble connectors within runs instead of component location.
  Adding improvements , updates, as exlimey , PFreen and Rodger did with a tCS will come next to the S2.
  I have seen the relay mod for the DB10 relay but elected , for now to purchase a stock relay .
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #24 on: Saturday,August 14, 2021, 02:34:34 PM »
   Making good progress on the S2 FED wiring diagram. All is included except for some color designation. Feel free to critique and I’ll make adjustments. If line work is to narrow or I missed something if you want a copy I’ll send it to you , just pm me .
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #25 on: Saturday,August 28, 2021, 02:30:22 PM »
  Finished the S2 Federal. 😜

The earlier S2 without the DB10 relay front indicators, warts and a slight difference in hazard lights will also look like this soon.
  I changed up the white wire blue color a tad and a few other minor changes.
S2 owners enjoy.
Dakazman

Offline TurboFource

« Reply #26 on: Saturday,August 28, 2021, 05:38:58 PM »
Nice work!
The more I do the more I find I need to do....

Offline Richard48Y

« Reply #27 on: Saturday,August 28, 2021, 05:59:10 PM »
Spent most of the day figuring out why the starter engages prematurely on a 1979 MGB.
Would you believe a failed Diode for the handbrake warning light as the culprit?  :o
And yes, it is fairly inaccessible behind the glove box.
Not blaming Lucas, but someone failed MG pretty badly.

Offline BDA

« Reply #28 on: Saturday,August 28, 2021, 06:13:10 PM »
I’m confused, D’man. If what I think is the fuse box, it implies there are 6 fuses, but I’m missing where power is fed to the fuses.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #29 on: Saturday,August 28, 2021, 07:02:58 PM »
 The fuse box contains 13 feed wires . Original had 14 , I left off the buzzer .
 The 6 fuse wired connections in that section feed off battery. The aux feed is powered by the alternator
One are ignition feed in run and aux.
  I am researching the several different ignition switches internal connections. In my breakout drawings you can see how the aux feed powers the wipers.

Dakazman