Author Topic: Bumpers  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Alan K

Bumpers
« on: Tuesday,December 15, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »
Hi all,
I'm looking to get S2 front and rear bumpers re-chromed, but am being quoted stupid prices. Harrington Ford list polished stainless steel front and rear Ford Anglia 105E sets for significantly less, but interestingly no longer supply them for Europas. As they are one and same, I wonder if they will fit? Has anyone any experience of them?
Any info much appreciated.
Regards.
Alan
« Last Edit: Tuesday,December 15, 2015, 02:49:07 PM by Alan K »

Offline jbcollier

Re: Bumpers
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,December 15, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »
The front bumper is the same as an Anglia 105 but the Europa rear bumper is a Cortina Mk 1 front bumper.

Lots of environmental rules and regs around chroming these days, however, good chrome work was always expensive.

Offline Alan K

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,December 16, 2015, 01:35:57 AM »
Many thanks for the reply. I too understood that the rear  bumper was a Cortina Mk1 front, which I have no doubt it is. However, last April I acquired a good, straight 105E rear bumper very cheaply from a local vintage Ford parts supplier and to my great delight, it fits perfectly. It's on the car now. Were Ford doing the same thing as Lotus and using parts that were readily available ?
Can anyone shed any further light on this?
Regards
Alan

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,December 16, 2015, 02:42:05 AM »
I took my 105E front and Cortina Mk1 front bumpers to a place in the shadow of Wembley Stadium.

They charged me £200 to chrome each one, and £100 to straighten each one, plus VAT.

Lovely job though. As good as new.

The 105E Estate rear bumper is supposed to be the same as the Cortina bumper, but it does not have the two centre holes cut for the number plate. The Cortina Mk1 front has 6 holes, 4 for the chrome bumper bolts, and two for the front number plate.