Author Topic: Restoration of 3940R  (Read 2802 times)

Offline berni29

Re: Restoration of 3940R
« Reply #45 on: Today at 03:47:56 AM »
Berni,  I made some seats for my home made Can Am car which I modelled after the S2 Europa seats.  It was allot of fun sculpting the foam.  I had to change the width, back angle and thigh support angle which is why I did not end up using the Europa pans.  I used three different durometers to dial in the comfort level.  I used a band saw with widely spaced teeth for the main cuts.  An ellectric meat knife to rough in some parts.  Pneumatic die grinder with coarse discs.  Hand block sander with 36 grit paper to finese.  Took me about a week of vacation time to do the foam.

Hi

Wow that looks like fantastic work. Hopefully the saying "if he can do it I can do it also" is true.

All the best

Berni

Offline berni29

Re: Restoration of 3940R
« Reply #46 on: Today at 03:51:54 AM »
Anyways, thats done now so hopefully will get my new age correct reg number in a couple of weeks, and can start taking things apart again now.

Good luck with that. My 8 months getting 3089R registered due to a 75/3089R instead of 74/3089R does sound insignificant v "Champion" and not "Europa".

WTF were they looking at, the spark plugs?

Hello

I read your post and then immediately called the DVLA, as you are right they are total fkwits, but the person I spoke to looked up the reference and said that it was all ok and was going off for "keying" and I should have the registration documents in a couple of weeks.

We will see.........

All the best

Berni