Author Topic: 1973 Europa Special restoration help  (Read 2453 times)

Online BDA

Re: 1973 Europa Special restoration help
« Reply #15 on: Thursday,January 21, 2021, 08:34:04 AM »
Every picture where someone mounted the Lockheed boosters where the Girling boosters were looks pretty bad IMHO. I mounted them in the area behind the rear wheels so you don't even see them. Of course, I was building the car from the frame up so I could route the brake lines any way I wanted. Doing that on a running car would be a bit more difficult.

Offline Dilkris

« Reply #16 on: Thursday,January 21, 2021, 11:56:47 PM »
Every picture where someone mounted the Lockheed boosters where the Girling boosters were looks pretty bad IMHO. I mounted them in the area behind the rear wheels so you don't even see them. Of course, I was building the car from the frame up so I could route the brake lines any way I wanted. Doing that on a running car would be a bit more difficult.
:I-agree: This seems to make sense BDA - do you happen to have a picture of that ?

Online BDA

« Reply #17 on: Friday,January 22, 2021, 07:31:20 AM »
Here you go.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #18 on: Friday,January 22, 2021, 09:20:33 AM »
That's a neat idea, do you have two servos for a dual circuit with a matching servo on the other side or are you on single circuit ?

Brian.

Offline MRN I J

• Four Ashes Garage
« Reply #19 on: Friday,January 22, 2021, 01:38:49 PM »
Here you go.

I think that is where Else fitted them on the S2
Regards Chris

other cars inc wifes cars
Aston Martin DB MkIII DHC (wifes)
Aston Martin DB2 Saloon (shared)
MkI Austin Cooper S with less than 50k miles on it
Oldest existing LR Discovery S3, one of 1st 125 hand built cars
Peugeot 406 with less than 55k miles on it

Online BDA

« Reply #20 on: Friday,January 22, 2021, 02:14:01 PM »
That's a neat idea, do you have two servos for a dual circuit with a matching servo on the other side or are you on single circuit ?

Brian.
Thanks Brian!

Yeah. I have twin boosters. I kept the Federal brake circuit so of course I had to adapt it for the different locations for the boosters. The other is behind the other rear wheel. The plumbing didn't come out as neat as I wished but it is hidden by the trunk so I only care a little bit. Doing it this way allowed me to but a panel of electronic stuff where the boosters were. It holds a rev limiter, a fuel pump relay, a GPS antenna, some fuses and the emissions plaque  :) . The picture is old and I have a Pertronics rev limiter now and maybe another small change or two but you can get the idea.

I should note that just as the original boosters mounting points are backed up - originally there was a piece of sheet metal on the other side of the fiberglass where the boosters were mounted - I did the same thing.

Offline Quebec_Europa

« Reply #21 on: Sunday,January 02, 2022, 04:16:18 AM »
There are a multitude of photo's on this forum which will satisfy your requirements - just get comfortable and surf through it - you will learn so much on the way.

Not wishing to show favoritism in any way - the following may help you in appreciating what is ahead of you - as advised above, there are many other similar photographic records you can find on the forum     

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOF7peFDeR7jZ1MnMiV-2qiuefDwlLuCurNiAeMoWI5qnzmWu4Aoc3ebsGNKFGAWw?key=R3BVUElCcTVjZzVFYTVSTEczaV8tUk1UT3UtVThn

Hope it helps - get ready to be asked for photographs of your build - the forum loves photos.  :Welcome:

Wow, so much usefull pictures and videos. This will so much be of help for my retauration purposes :).