Author Topic: New member - Manchester UK  (Read 1254 times)

Offline S2Zetec54

Re: New member - Manchester UK
« Reply #15 on: Saturday,September 04, 2021, 08:01:10 AM »
:Welcome:

She looks great…best of luck with the issues you have. Interesting to hear that a batch of USA Europas ended up back here…..I think I had one of those once

I got info from Lotus archive with the car confirming origin

Tony

…thanks Tony…good idea

Not sure if it's helpful but my 65 had a 1647 I'd robbed from a Renault 16TX and I just swapped over the DCOE that was on the 1470 and it seemed to go really well ……no idea what I was doing but it went brilliantly….clearly got lucky. Hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about can guide you more accurately

Offline Bodzer

« Reply #16 on: Sunday,September 05, 2021, 12:37:52 AM »
Morning Tony,

The PR suffix cars are quite well known about. There’s an article by Graham Arnold (Lotus PR legend) somewhere on here describing it. Apparently a change in Federal safety rules meant a batch of cars were stranded at the factory. Rather than waste them Lotus reworked them as domestic UK cars. Mine was also sold by Else motors. Whilst it’s not a full blown Else stage 5 car it had the single Weber carb with associated manifold, the 4 into 1 exhaust manifold and Spax shocks (probably stage 1).

Just another Lotus quirk!

Offline Tony Shep

« Reply #17 on: Monday,September 06, 2021, 09:00:28 AM »
This is a letter that came with the car, from previous owner

Offline Tony Shep

« Reply #18 on: Friday,September 17, 2021, 03:46:37 AM »
UPDATE

I'm using the car every day right now, going to work and getting into the local town, where it is getting a lot of attention

I still need to do some carb work but that can wait as I've got a small, much needed vacation coming up  8)

Tony