Author Topic: 65 Seven S2  (Read 1532 times)

Offline SENC

Re: 65 Seven S2
« Reply #15 on: Monday,January 20, 2020, 02:43:08 PM »
The other side rear brake was a bit rougher, so decided it would be wise to go ahead and replace them since primary parts were readily available and not too bad.  New shoes, wheel cylinders, and springs, along a new rear flex pipe.  I've also replaced the rubber bushes in the rear a-arm and trailing arms.

Front suspension and brake check next.

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday,January 21, 2020, 12:43:50 AM »
Beautiful example, congratulations! With all the Caterhams and Birkins an original seven with it original bits in great shape seem like a great find! Echoing jealousy and lust for more pics!
Tom
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline SENC

« Reply #17 on: Monday,September 14, 2020, 05:52:06 PM »
Was over here surfing for information on something and realized I haven't updated this thread (truthfully, I forgot I started it!).  The short version is I finished rebuilding the front and rear suspension (all but the shocks), the steering rack, and the entire braking system and got her road-safe.  A few short test runs and knew the carburetors were next.  Lots of old fuel gunk in them, surprised it ran as well as it did, so stripped them down completely and rebuilt them.  Just as I was upgrading to Keith Franck's e-tubes, my starter pinion gear stripped, so out that came for a tear-down and rebuild, too.  In short, I'm only just getting real road time, but as one of you said it is hard not to wear a s---eating grin the entire time behind the wheel.

This link is a (too long and unedited) video of an 8-mile stretch in the midst of an 80-mile shakedown drive a couple weeks ago, if you are really bored.  https://youtu.be/VKpDeOQx0KM

Henry

Offline lotusfanatic

« Reply #18 on: Monday,September 14, 2020, 10:29:46 PM »
Was over here surfing for information on something and realized I haven't updated this thread (truthfully, I forgot I started it!).  The short version is I finished rebuilding the front and rear suspension (all but the shocks), the steering rack, and the entire braking system and got her road-safe.  A few short test runs and knew the carburetors were next.  Lots of old fuel gunk in them, surprised it ran as well as it did, so stripped them down completely and rebuilt them.  Just as I was upgrading to Keith Franck's e-tubes, my starter pinion gear stripped, so out that came for a tear-down and rebuild, too.  In short, I'm only just getting real road time, but as one of you said it is hard not to wear a s---eating grin the entire time behind the wheel.

This link is a (too long and unedited) video of an 8-mile stretch in the midst of an 80-mile shakedown drive a couple weeks ago, if you are really bored.  https://youtu.be/VKpDeOQx0KM

Henry

Hello Henry,

thanks for the 7 update (great video too!)

Mark

Offline E Paul

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday,September 15, 2020, 06:24:31 AM »
Mine is not a Lotus Seven but a Locost. The Europa feels so luxurious after an hour in the Seven. The Seven is more like 4 wheeled motorcycle.
Paul

Offline SENC

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday,September 15, 2020, 07:17:06 AM »
Mine is not a Lotus Seven but a Locost. The Europa feels so luxurious after an hour in the Seven. The Seven is more like 4 wheeled motorcycle.
Paul

Funny you said that - I've been thinking how refined my Elan feels, and that is definitey not something I felt before the Seven!  But that raw 7 feeling is a good one!