Lotus Europa Forums > Off Topic Subjects

Building a 1:24 model of a black Europa TC

<< < (2/4) > >>

BDA:
Yes, please keep us up to date on your progress. Your work so far is amazing!

Bainford:
Cheers guys! Thanks for your interest. I'm away for the next month, but I'll post some progress photos when I return to the bench.

dakazman:
  I wouldn’t mind some tips on building models. I haven’t put one together in 60 years , maybe 58.
In my spare time I’m putting together an S1, 1:20 scale, severely warped, with no tires .
 I picked it up on eBay for 20$  . It’s coming along  but finding more missing parts.
Dakazman

BDA:
I was going to start a thread about this series of videos where a guy builds a Tamiya TCS but I found this thread was already started by me! about the same kit!! I don't know how I got sucked into this series of videos (https://www.youtube.com/@sammyleung0226/videos) this guy goes step by step building the Tamiya TCS model. He does his own opening doors, engine cover and bonnet. Other than a music track, there is no sound. There are Japanese subtitles which are useless to me, of course. The odd thing is that I've become engrossed in it somehow! I haven't built a model in probably 50 years when I started a Lotus 78 but never finished it.

I finally found the thread about model building (started by me! with this same kit!!) so I thought I'd use this opportunity to find out how everybody's models were coming along.

It appears that he's not finished since the last video is Part 16 which was posted two months ago. He does the door locks in it (fabricated out of metal!) and he hasn't even started on the frame, suspension, engine, etc. But then he's only be posting videos for eight months!

dakazman:
  That was amazing.
    My two Europa models, one is back in box . The latest is getting sanded , trimmed, and repainted after the po attempted it.  My days plan deviates all the time, I just go along with it and have fun.
  I even have a huge doll house to put together, given to me 40 years ago. Gluing the wood cedar shakes to the roof one at a time killed it.
Dakazman

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version